• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Baffle Wall

House72

Hello All

I sold my current home and along with it my Seaton Speaker set up.

I should move in to our new home in a few months. I think about doing a baffle wall and hiding my speakers behind an acoustically transparent screen. Only thing I am not sure is how do you service the speakers once the screen goes up. Just looking for suggestions on the pros and cons.

Cheers

I considered two options when I setup my LCR's, build out enough space behind the baffle wall to create a rear access space, or use an acoustically transparent screen that allowed easy access from the front to remove the screen and gain access to the speakers,

In my case, I did not use the rear access space, I wanted all of the front wall to rear wall distance, so my baffle wall is built against the front wall, and I used a Stewart Cinecurv screen that allows me to reach around the inside of the screen case to unsnap the screen and gain access to the speakers. The only potential problem with this method is damaging the screen if you don't take some care when removing it. I remove one third, service the exposed Right speaker, then reconnect the screen and unsnap the other 2/3 to gain access to the Center speaker and the Left speaker. I use a large spring clamp to hold the screen up vertically on the case so that it doesn't fold over and create a crease. It works.

Jim

I considered two options when I setup my LCR's, build out enough space behind the baffle wall to create a rear access space, or use an acoustically transparent screen that allowed easy access from the front to remove the screen and gain access to the speakers,

In my case, I did not use the rear access space, I wanted all of the front wall to rear wall distance, so my baffle wall is built against the front wall, and I used a Stewart Cinecurv screen that allows me to reach around the inside of the screen case to unsnap the screen and gain access to the speakers.

Jim
Space is a premium and if I want two rows then would be better to do what you did. Thanks again. I cannot wait to start this process.

I added a comment about screen removal.

Jim

I have a 160" diag 2.35 Stewart 1.5 inch Wall Screen.....so kind of big. The frame slides flush into the wall that holds the screen. The frame is attached on the top and bottom with a couple of drywall screws. The screws mainly take out the slight frame sag more than anything else. Anyway, I have had to remove the screen numerous times and the wife and I have been able to do it without any problems. Yes you have to be careful, but especially with a light frame, not overly difficult. YMMV.

I think the moveable screen is a great idea. (Unfortunately, it wouldn't work well with a screen like my Cinecurv with the attached case.)

Jim

I think the moveable screen is a great idea. (Unfortunately, it wouldn't work well with a screen like my Cinecurv with the attached case.)

Jim

Yep, mine is just the fixed metal frame and screen. Nothing motor driven, no masking, etc. Two people can easily hang or unhang it on the metal tracks.

The room is looking great Jeremy!

I too have a Seymour AV screen that I'm very pleased with. It is a 135" AT screen with fixed width auto-masking that can be pulled away from the wall if needed, and can easily be removed completely from the horizontal top-mounted wall bracket (of course with someone else's help). It sounds similar to yours except that I need to make sure the low voltage wires are disconnected from the top and bottom motors before removing (which is pretty simple).

Thanks for sharing,
Andy

Back