• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Axonix (K Competitor) Closes?

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Just received word that a K competitor (well, not really) closed their business. Although I have not been able to confirm the closing, the source is very reliable and no one is answering the phones at Axonix.

Not difficult to see this coming. In addition to the current economic climate, we had several prospective K clients move to Axonix because of their BR solution (illegal as it was) and a couple had reported back that support was very slow, and some issues went unresolved. Too bad, always feel bad for the employees.:(

Jim

Axonix?

Jim,

The potential closing of Axonix is indeed interesting. I think that competition is good in the marketplace providing motivation for improving products and while increasing value, hopefully through lower price to feature ratios. I also feel sorry for the employees in this economy also.

On the flip-side of this potential, I looked at their website and it is still up and running and had this to say about their phone systems (copied and pasted here):

Attention: To better service our dealers and customers we are in the process of expanding our production facility and upgrading our phone systems. While we expect minimal impact on overall operations, you may experience a slight delay in reaching the support department. The VoiceMail system is not affected by this and all messages will be returned in the order in which they are received. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we look forward to serving you. Thank you for your continued patronage.

I suspect that you would know more than I would being in the business though and defer to your assessment on their closing.

Thanks again,
Paul

I never heard of them. Sad if true. I think in the end Apple TV if it gets revamped with this tablet thats coming out could really turn a lot of things on their head.

Hi Paul, I saw the same thing on the site, but a trusted friend and Axonix owner confirmed today that the "doors have closed and employees have been released." If accurate, and it appears to be, it is indeed sad for the workers and I agree that competition is good, although IMO nothing really competes with K. I've played with most of the others, including Axonix, and K still has the best GUI, products, and support in the industry. (I acknowledge I'm an owner/dealer/and completely biased!!!:D)

Jim

Didn't Axonix go out of business once already and then re-open, or was that a different media server company? I seem to recall one of the Kaleidescape competitors going out of business a little while ago.

That was Xperinet. They were in business a few years but could never quite get to a business sustainment level. For awhile, K was offering Xperinet owners a trade i9n deal to move to K (after the company folded). Maybe they'll offer the same to Axonix owners.

Jim

Smart move if they could.

Have you seen the latest Crestron offering? Interesting with their "worldsearch" but Im not interested in streaming 360P video. I also think everyone is going to be quaking in their boots within two years with 1080P from Apple (thats the rumor).... K better get blu ray together before then......

..I also think everyone is going to be quaking in their boots within two years with 1080P from Apple (thats the rumor)..

I just watched the iPad video at apple.com, that is going to be awsome as a K touch controller with the remotescape app. I hope someone develops a wall mount for it (the price of the iPad is cheaper than buying just a wall mount for the Philips Pronto Pro!).

My view is that Crestron and AMX will get worried until there is a greater ability to control home theater devices/equipment by TCP/IP.

Regardless of all else... the FACT remains that the Kaleidescape System is the only product of its type on the market that flat out works. Everything else I've seen is built on Windows and full of bugs... overpriced junk.

I learned last week that although Axonix closed, one of the former owner's opened a "new" company (actually the same but with a new name) selling the same equipment. The funny thing is that for some reason he is/was under the impression that by doing so he has no obligation to Axonix's creditors.

Jim

Regardless of all else... the FACT remains that the Kaleidescape System is the only product of its type on the market that flat out works. Everything else I've seen is built on Windows and full of bugs... overpriced junk.

Amen to that!!

I am going to solve our national debt. We will start a new country called the United American States. This new country has no debt and will accept entry from all 50 of the existing states from the former USA, as well as D.C. and its territories.

BAM! National Debt eliminated.

Yeah, I like that idea!!!:D (Then maybe I wouldn't be giving up $0.50 cents on every dollar I make.)

Jim

I am going to solve our national debt. We will start a new country called the United American States. This new country has no debt and will accept entry from all 50 of the existing states from the former USA, as well as D.C. and its territories.

BAM! National Debt eliminated.
We can re-take the land through eminent domain, but all the gold & other monies were in the old country. So no debt, but no cash either. Think Mexico is hiring?

PS - Do we have to accept D.C. in?

I think when we had a robust economy, we should have bought Canada. Then we could have taken Quebec and given it to the French, which would make the French happy, the Quebecans (Quebecites?) happy and the rest of the Canadians ecstatic.

I wouldn't want to keep D.C. out. They have all the Smithsonian museums. Besides, if we didn't, they would have no country to fund the district and it would just fall into disrepair, dragging down the property values of the surrounding states. I doubt Virginia wants to live next door to an abandoned home.

you went to war with canada when you had a robust economy... and we burned your capital to the ground... both times!

Of course since we won the last one, we get to call the rematch.

The axonix do-over indeed somehow has all the IP, the customer lists, is offering continued service... http://www.mozaex.com/ they even still have the exact same comparison to K web page. http://www.mozaex.com/Overview/FeaturesCompare.aspx

too funny. same vague disclaimers as well about copyright.

Back