• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

AVS Forum Review

Brett is doing a great job addressing the most reasonable comments, K definitely needed representation in social media and other forums .
For the rest of the comments......sour grapes.....

Unfortunately, that's what you sometimes find on AVS, but people are entitled to their opinions, educated or not. In the case of Jin-X, and his comments, you don't have to be a psychologist to read him as someone that resents not being able to buy into K at a price he finds acceptable.

His comment about being "for rich people only," shows he either has no understanding of K's market, or his definition of "rich" is anyone with a job. I'm certain there are many members on this forum that would not place themselves in that category, and as a dealer I can assure him the majority of buyers are just audio/video enthusiasts that are willing to stretch their AV budgets to obtain the best possible digital source to feed their displays. This is especially true in recent years.

His "gatekeeping" comment is laughable. This implies a relationship that would make you think K somehow controls or influences what Disney or the other content owners release on disc, or provide to K's Store, and that K gets some sort of special treatment from Disney and others. The last time I checked, our special treatment from Disney allows us the privilege of downloading their Store based digital content to our Premiere systems only if we "opt-in" to an agreement that limits our future ability to import their discs to grandfathered Premiere systems, so yeah, I guess we're special. I think those of us that own K products and follow discussions here and elsewhere know better.

In the end it's simple, if you want the best of something there's an associated cost.....the best display, the best car, the best laptop, etc....and buying is always a personal choice.

Jim

I agree that Brett is doing a very nice job of representing Kaleidescape - a nice edition to the team!

There are a number of posters on AVS that seem to be envious that they can‘t afford or don’t own K for one reason or another. The one thing I do not hear much is owners that regret their decision to purchase system.

John

Agree 100% with all thoughts on here. There’s a lot of misinformation out there regarding K, but essentially what it boils down to in most cases is envy.

Brett is doing a wonderful job with the detractors and is proving an invaluable resource too.

Kostas I presume your PM to the member complaining about lack of access describes how you and I access the store. Don’t want to duplicate info to him.

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree 100% with all thoughts on here. There’s a lot of misinformation out there regarding K, but essentially what it boils down to in most cases is envy.

Brett is doing a wonderful job with the detractors and is proving an invaluable resource too.

Kostas I presume your PM to the member complaining about lack of access describes how you and I access the store. Don’t want to duplicate info to him.

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I confirm Derek, no need!

AVS has a lot of this. I love the “owners” threads where someone comes in bashing the product. Then you have the Lumagen vs. Envy crowd, Sony vs JVC and most recently Sony GTZ380 vs Christie Gryiffyn. Wish folks would just relax and enjoy a movie. First world issues for sure. SJ

AVS has a pretty big readership and there's definitely a gap between how folks view cost and value there. Having the review outside of the $20k+ forum being front and center was going to bring in some snipers and nay-sayers for sure. But that's fine and expected. There's good discussion there too. One person commented they bought in with the Sony promo, so that's cool.

There are all kinds of expensive things in the world (expensive being relative of course) and plenty of things I cannot afford or feel are kind of silly or overdone for me personally, but that doesn't invalidate them. Kudos to the folks that can afford them and enjoy them IMO.

Back