• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

PROBLEM DISC: Avatar Ext. Ed. Sound/Picture Dropouts!

Panamar

Hi all

I watched Avatar Extended Edition (Region A 3 disc boxset version) and experienced alot of sound and picture drop outs when playing the film from the server. Towards the middle of the film they became quite bad (2-3 seconds with sound and picture loss).

I removed the film from the Vault and placed it in the M500 and selected 'play disc'. From there on I had only a few 'blips' of sound drop outs.

Now im not sure if playing the film from server and playing from the physical disc itself should make a difference (because in theory the data is the same) but would like to know if anyone else has experienced these dropouts with this disc?

The last issue I had with dropouts was with Ironman 2 and that was resolved quickly with a FW update from K.

Many thanks

Pan.

After looking further into this (as no one else seems to be having this problem) I may well have a hdmi issue....

Pan.

See my answer to your PM.

Jim

Hi all

After various test (& cable swap outs) it seems to not be an hdmi issue but a network cable issue between player and switch! Thankfully!!

Although playing the whole of Avatar Ex. Ed again is far too painful... the clips I had issues on seem to have cleared up and other BD's I have recently tried have played without issue.

Pan.

Many thanks Jim for tips 'n tricks!

Back