• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Audiocontrol amps?

jmf

Hi all,
I am curious if anyone here has experience or knowledge on Audiocontrol amplifiers. I am in the market and thought I was sold on a few Parasound options. However, I was pointed to Audiocontrol as an option that was slightly more cost effective for my budget and performed extremely well with a lot less heat (Class H design). It is hard to find information about their home theater amplifiers, but the specs look strong and the very few things I have found were all positive.

The amps will be driving a dedicated theater equipped with Focal 1000 series in a typical 7.x.4 setup.

Hopefully one of you have some insight.

Hi all,
I am curious if anyone here has experience or knowledge on Audiocontrol amplifiers. I am in the market and thought I was sold on a few Parasound options. However, I was pointed to Audiocontrol as an option that was slightly more cost effective for my budget and performed extremely well with a lot less heat (Class H design). It is hard to find information about their home theater amplifiers, but the specs look strong and the very few things I have found were all positive.

The amps will be driving a dedicated theater equipped with Focal 1000 series in a typical 7.x.4 setup.

Hopefully one of you have some insight.

I figured @TrackZ would follow this thread. :). I *almost* duplicated your Focal + Parasound setup, I am down to the amps at this point. :). I hope *someone* has audiocontrol amp experience!

We have 9 of their Amps in various setups. They are my go to budget Amps (relative to Trinnov/ATI/Datasat), and so far have performed well for our clients, everyone seems satisfied. I've never done any measurements, or performance evals, but have never heard any negative feedback from owners. That said, all except 2 of the Amps are only being used for surrounds and Atmos ceiling speakers. Not sure which 1000 series you are driving for LCR's, but you should evaluate the power requirements closely, the AC amps usually need to be bridged to get to the higher output levels.

Jim

We have 9 of their Amps in various setups. They are my go to budget Amps (relative to Trinnov/ATI/Datasat), and so far have performed well for our clients, everyone seems satisfied. I've never done any measurements, or performance evals, but have never heard any negative feedback from owners. That said, all except 2 of the Amps are only being used for surrounds and Atmos ceiling speakers. Not sure which 1000 series you are driving for LCR's, but you should evaluate the power requirements closely, the AC amps usually need to be bridged to get to the higher output levels.

Jim

Hi Jim,
Thank you, and if you have clients that you have setup with these amps, that helps me immensely in my head.

For my LCR I am going with the in-wall 1000 IWLCR6.

Sensitivity: 91dB
Response: 48Hz-40kHz
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Min Impedance: 2.9 ohms
Recommended Power: 25-240w

The Savoy G4 is what I would be using. The surrounds and Atmos are all smaller in terms of power requirements than the LCR.

I figured @TrackZ would follow this thread. :). I *almost* duplicated your Focal + Parasound setup, I am down to the amps at this point. :). I hope *someone* has audiocontrol amp experience!

Ha, I'm here.

I have never heard or been hands-on with Audio Control, but I looked at and researched their stuff quite a bit for my project although I ended up going for Anthem + Parasound. AC looked good though for sure.

If you wanted a dealer connection for Parasound, I can refer you to my friend if it's still an option.

I wholly support the Focal 1000!

We have one G4 in the field, used for LCR's, similar specs to the models you posted, owner is very satisfied. There are many options available, including the brand mentioned by Track.

Jim

Good to hear. I have a dealer I am working with in the Focal + Parasound. I mentioned the hit on the wallet by doing it all at once and that’s when he mentioned they also deal Audiocontrol. He personally has used Parasound and Audiocontrol (now all Trinnov). He said his experience was that there wasn’t a noticeable change in sound from Parasound to Audiocontrol when he was using them to power 300 series Focal. Obviously the 1000 will share more detail than the 300. This person is very experienced and knowledgeable and he has been great to work with. One factor he mentioned also was the heat dissipation of the A/B setup versus the H on the Audiocontrol. I thought I was sold on Parasound due to their reputation and TrackZ feedback.

I think I am splitting hairs to be honest. However, I wanted to get a set of other opinions from this specific group versus some of the other forums out there.

One thing with the Focal is that the 300 and the 1000 are different. 1000 has the Be tweeters. 300 is the magnesium I think. That difference might make more of a difference in the amp match.

But yeah, per the thoughts in the video I just did on this topic, you'll be happy either way I'm sure. If you go AC, be happy and don't sweat other options.

Audiocontrol makes great amps, and their customer service is top notch. I’ve cycled the through a few amps brands over the years (audiocontrol, parasound, classe, ATI, marantz, sunfire, wyred4sound, D-sonic, NAD, JBL Synthesis).

Other than the Wyred which picked up FM Radio, i really haven’t been able to tell much of a difference sound wise between any of them (when played within their limits).

Back