• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Audio drop outs and freezes

audioguy123

I continue to have audio drop outs and freezes with my Alto with downloads. :mad: :mad: Just watched John Wick2 and there were many. This Alto is a replacement so is very new. I can only assume it has something to do with my internet connection but very frustrating. Doesn't happen when I load a disc or use the DV700. It makes me want to quit buying from the store and certainly never consider a Strato.

I know I can delete it and re-downlaod but that unacceptable - and may not fix the issue.

Any ideas anyone?

Interestingly, I watched the Blu-ray quality downloads of "Total Recall (1990)" and "Total Recall (2012)" on my M500 yesterday. The 1990 version (which has a DTS HD-MA audio track) played with no audio dropouts. However, the 2012 version (which has a Dolby TrueHD audio track) was plagued with audio dropouts.

I didn't experience any video freezing however.

Interestingly, I watched the Blu-ray quality downloads of "Total Recall (1990)" and "Total Recall (2012)" on my M500 yesterday. The 1990 version (which has a DTS HD-MA audio track) played with no audio dropouts. However, the 2012 version (which has a Dolby TrueHD audio track) was plagued with audio dropouts.

Interesting. John Wick 2 is Dolby TureHD with Atmos.

Question to someone within Kaleidescape? Is there any kind of check-sum error checking (or equivalent) that insures the download is an exact copy of the original? Given the amount of data being transmitted, I am sure there must be but would like confirmation from K.

"Total Recall (2012)" originally had a bug in the release that affected both the K download and the disc version on some systems. I can't remember the exact details but my download version now works without any dropouts.

John

Yes, I would delete it completely and download again. The initial release disc version definitely had audio dropout issues, mine was replaced by Amazon and the second version was fine. I since replaced it with the Store version, and I don't remember any problems, but not sure I played the full movie.

Jim

I have the latest version downloaded. I'm reasonably sure -- as sure as I can be without log access -- that these are audio playback stalls rather than a bad or out of date download.

I can tell you I watched a download of JW2 the other day on my setup and I had no issues. There are so many moving pieces in our systems I am a little skeptical on the culprit being the store.

Back