• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Arrow - Season 1 available but not in HD?

Mr.Poindexter

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
I was looking to pick up Arrow: Season 1 and noticed it is available on Blu-ray online, but only in DVD quality on the Kaleidescape Store.

Any chance this was just overlooked and will be in HD in the store soon like FotR:EE was?

Another series missing HD (and more)

I noticed the same thing with the series Supernatural. Seasons 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 are available in HD, but seasons 2 and 6 are not. In fact, season 6 isn't available at all. Strange as I would really like to upgrade.

Wayne

That would be nice, and I hope there's an upgrade path, I already own the BR disc set.

Jim

Season 6 of Supernatural is there - I bought it. You probably have it set to not show titles you own and it won't show Blu-ray quality titles you have on DVD. I do not see season 2 in HD however.

There is not an upgrade path for the TV series on Supernatural. I don't know if any have them. I was able to upgrade Chuck from DVD but that was early on in the store and I think now the only upgrades are for titles with UV enabled and Chuck doesn't have that enabled. I was not able to do a UV upgrade for my TV titles unless I paid full rate.

Season 6 of Supernatural is there - I bought it. You probably have it set to not show titles you own and it won't show Blu-ray quality titles you have on DVD. I do not see season 2 in HD however.

I can't see Supernatural season 6 anywhere. I tried looking with titles I own checked and unchecked, but it doesn't show. It must be different in the Canadian store. Perhaps there are some strange "rights" issues even though the rest of the series is there (and it's filmed in Canada, eh). Hopefully over time. Even though there is no upgrade path, I have been using my free title coupons for such purchases.

Thanks for the tip.

Wayne

Same here. I just hate the thought of using the free title coupon for DVD quality releases. I still have 10 coupons left and was hoping to be able to get Arrow in the store before the coupons expire.

Good news, I'll download it shortly. Thanks for the heads-up Mike.

Jim

Even with your slow internet speed, you will probably have it before me. My queue just keeps getting added to - at 42 discs still. Still no sign of Supernatural Season 2 in HD though...

Supernatural update

I received a nice email from Brian Fairbanks at Kaleidescape in response to my query about the missing Supernatural seasons in HD stating "Thank you for raising the issue with Supernatural. I am looking into getting season 6 up on the Store, as this could be a mistake on the rights granted to us. As for season 2 in HD, we ran into an issue with processing that title, that we are working on resolving ASAP."

Great and timely response (as usual) from K!

Wayne

that's impressive. glad they've been responsive to this for you.

Supernatural, Season 2 is now up in HD. Just in time to spend one of my soon to expire credits.

Supernatural, Season 2 is now up in HD. Just in time to spend one of my soon to expire credits.

Unfortunately, it is not in the Canadian store as of yet. Neither was there a TV sale. I guess there are separate issues to work out with each country. I was hoping for this or other new items before the end of the year, so that I could use up my remaining credits.

Happy New Year One and All!

Wayne

Back