• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Apple TV

I agree. They shouldn't even bother trying to bring streaming apps to the K. They should focus on more tangible features and integrations around movies and their store.

If they tried to do apps, they would have difficult traction getting support from the service providers, so it will be a partial set at best, possibly not even well done or well supported. See how app support has gone on TiVo, for example. At this point, there's no reason to compete with Apple TV, Android TV, and Roku in the app space at all, IMO.

Last edited:
Agreed. I'd just love to see some symmetry with MA. Even if that just meant getting a MA license along with every movie I bought in the K store. In a perfect world, I'd like something akin to Vudu's disk + digital option, where you get the disk AND the digital version. Either way, I hope K sticks to super high quality movies, but makes that system fluid with the current market.

If K offered something like the Vudu D+D program I would buy soooo much more from the K store. And considering I have thousands of titles in my account that’s saying something.

That’s said I don’t see this being really possible for K single Vudu is owed by Walmart and when you order a D+D title on Vudu the instant watch digital is filled on Vudu system and Vudu puts and order in the Walmart system to fill the physical portion of the order. Even with Walmart’s resources I still don’t see how it’s profitable for anything but a loss-leader but since it requires studio participation are sure the contracts in place are beneficial to both.

Back