• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Any tips/tricks for music database support post June 30 2020?

nsxboy

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there's anyone with good tips and tricks for importing CDs without having to manually enter each line and scan/upload album art for albums post june 30th 2020 now that Kaleidescape is no longer updating their database?

Thanks so much in advance!

Mike

It is worse than that I feel if the past is to go by as artwork seems to disappear as licences to use drop from K as I see changes when I run the extract of CD's without artwork changes has changed over time.

I have had new CD’s added that we’re not recognized but did add artwork a few days later (but no added details) so somethings are still being updated. I haven’t noticed any artwork disappear.

John

A question for those on the forum that are dealers/distributors, how are you recommending support for owners for newer music CD (post June 2020) import?

Is there some form of software support (PC/Mac) that can help support this effort without manual entry?

Thanks so much!

Mike

Being a closed proprietary system there is no 3rd party software that can reach your CD collection on a K system. Kaleidescape made it clear they were exiting the support channel for CD's a while ago, and they did release software that allowed us all to move our CD collections, or more accurately, copy our CD collections, from the K Servers to external storage. If people want to add new CD's to systems that can import CD's, they are on their own, unless something has changed recently.

Jim

Thanks Jim. My question is specifically regarding dealers and reps and their recommendation in any alternative of manual entry and upload of artwork for onboarding new CDs post 2020 into the kaleidescape proprietary system.

Sounds like people are on their own moving forward and it's a legacy product feature that will have reduced support moving forward. What are you recommending as a replacement alternative given that the Stratos/Terra systems no longer support disc based content ingestion?

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks John. I did the same in flac format and imported into my NAS and access via Plex. My hope was to keep the Premiere system as primary across the house but looks like more and more likely I'll end up leveraging Plex .

I guess the only way to update to Post 2020 CDs for the Premiere system is to do it by hand line by line and scan/download the album art.

Mike

I guess the only way to update to Post 2020 CDs for the Premiere system is to do it by hand line by line and scan/download the album art.

Mike

That's what I was trying to say in my first and last sentences above. There is no alternative way that I'm aware of to make the process easier. It has to be done by the user, as you say, line-by-line, and you'll have to upload your own cover art as well, unfortunately.

Jim

Back