• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Any movie stars/celebs own a K system?

David23

I'm curious if any big name movies stars or directors own K and talk about it or evangelize it. For example, I know from listening to podcasts with him that Tom Cruise is a huge movie buff and has a theater in his house. It seems like someone like him would absolutely love a K system and would talk about it but may not even now it exists.

Is Prima Cinema still a thing? I would think that A-list actors and directors have that in their house to watch films when they come out (day and date). For the movie buffs among the top actors and directors, they probably have 35mm projectors and a basement full of film reels to go with it. This is all in addition to the advance copy screener discs that get handed out to actors, directors, academy members and studio execs.

So they only fire up the K when all of those other options fail. As for evangelizing it, they probably don't understand what it is beyond knowing that it is part of the 'expensive home theater' that they had put in. So unless they are getting paid to promote K, it is equivalent to the cable box in their mind and not really noteworthy.

So I am thinking you would have to find rare combo actor or director who is also a HT geek (Like they have posted to AVSForums as an indicator of geekyness) to find someone who would evangelize K to anyone beyond their own circle.

There are many actors and folks in the biz that own Kaleidescape systems, I've got several clients myself. Both for privacy reasons, and for legal reasons, their names are never divulged by Kaleidescape. Anyway, with a quick count in my head of only the celeb's that I know own Kaleidescape, I get 16, but I'm sure there are many more.

Jim

I also agree with the comment above regarding promoting Kaleidescape, and will add that most of them only promote a product if they're being compensated.

Jim

I've been in the industry for over 28 years and do a ton of work in the Hollywood are and I can tell you for a fact there are tons of Actors,directors,musicians and yes even Presidents that have Kaledisecape system.

I know of a retired NFL hall of fame player who not only owns a Kaleidescape, but had every one of his games on his server.

There are many actors and folks in the biz that own Kaleidescape systems, I've got several clients myself. Both for privacy reasons, and for legal reasons, their names are never divulged by Kaleidescape.

This. I've been to MULTIPLE high profile client homes who have it, and like cinelife said, we really can't say who. Truth is, as also said above by AlienWarlock, to them it's really just part of the overall package. They use it and enjoy it, but it's such a seamless experience that they hardly notice it either. That in and of itself is kind of a testament to how good it is. Kaleidescape combined with a great control system in a nice home theater SHOULD be smooth and effortless.

It would be awesome if K could partner up with a few high profile celebrities to showcase the system, though. However, having working for celebrities, if there's one thing I've learned, they don't do anything for free. Haha.

Why should they? Their time is valuable as is their brand.
Never suggested they should. Was just pointing out the obvious. I'm also guessing that any A-list star's fees to promote a product is likely beyond K's advertising budget. It would be cool to see, though. Not necessarily as a commercial or anything official, but just a "Hey, people. THIS system is why my home theater's so epic!" Even a simple Tweet would be nice. Not expecting anything, though. Just thought it'd be nifty to see.

Not much different than any of us on these various forums bragging about the things we love about OUR systems. I brag up Kaleidescape all the time all over the interwebs! And it's seriously because it truly is the shining star out of all my equipment that my family, friends, guests enjoy the most.

Back