• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Any method to transfer my Kaleidescape music library?

MarthaJ

My music system died and I have decided not to purchase all new equipment given the cost and changes in digital technology. Is there any company or hobbyist whom I could hire to rescue my hundreds of ripped CDs, transferring them to a format so that I could still listen to them? Not certain what to do with the Kaleidescape itself. Thanks for any suggestions.

You mean the music that was loaded into your Kaleidescape server? That is pretty easy to do with the Kaleidescape Conductor to download them onto a PC. If you don't have one, I would be happy to do that for you. Message me and we can discuss the logistics.

Yes, “Conductor” could Be used to transfer the music from your Premiere server to a PC. However, you need a functioning server to do this. It transfers the music as MP3 files. I just fired mine up again and it updated all the latest CD’s from the last time I had it working and all the files were found be Roon and are now loaded in the library.

John

So...if you want access to those files, you will need to either get that server working again, OR, if you can move the complete drive set (all drives), into an empty working server, you can gain access to the content that way. This assumes your drives are okay.

Jim

Back