• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Amazing Eric Clapton concert DVD

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
1400_724_large.jpg

Watched this again last night and realized how underappreciated this concert movie is... If you're even a casual Eric Clapton fan, I highly recommend this DVD. Well shot, great audio mix, and some amazing performances. Great for demo theaters or dealers... (you can import my Favorite Scenes including direct access to each song elsewhere here on the forum)

Eric Clapton - One More Car, One More Rider (2002) (Amazon links- [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Eric-Clapton-One-More-Rider/dp/B00006SFLX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1239563264&sr=8-1"]DVD by itself[/ame], or even better, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/One-More-Car-Rider-DVD/dp/B00006YXE4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1239563264&sr=8-4"]buy it here [/ame]as a package with DVD and the double CD.)

My personal favorite - the most amazing performance of "Bell Bottom Blues" ever recorded - Billy Preston on the Hammond is incredible.

Last edited:
I'll have to check this out...since you bring up the subject of concert discs, does anyone have any suggestions for good concert discs (DVD or BD) that look and SOUND really great in a home theater set-up?

I am mainly interested in Rock (as opposed to Pop, Jazz, Classical) (60's up through present day) and pretty much all Rock subgenres, but I am open to anything that will really show-off a system. I would imagine there are some good acoustic sets out there.

thanks!

Diana Krall: Live in Paris is pretty good. (Doesn't qualify for your "Rock" genre probably)
Steely Dan: Two Against Nature Excellent! (Ditto - unless you call jazz fusion a rock subgenre)
Crystal Visions: The Very Best of Stevie Nicks: Not great... poorly shot, audio mix is OK.
Naturally 7: Live at Montreux - Very fun, amazing "hip hop a capella". Unfortunately, only OK video and audio quality. And it won't be everyone's cup of tea...

And don't foget Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense. Fantastic. A must-have IMHO.

But honestly, that Eric Clapton disc is the best of the ones I own. Stop Making Sense and the Steely Dan ones are close behind.

There are supposed to be some pretty good Led Zeppelin concert DVDs out there, but there were so many and I haven't gotten a solid recommendation of which ones are good and which aren't so I haven't bought any myself.

Great! thanks Josh. I'll definitely get Stop Making Sense since the CD is one of my all-time favorites and one of the first CD's I ever bought.

everyone else - keep the recommendations coming

One other thing Josh - not sure if it is your cup of tea, but Jonathan Demme (director of Stop Making Sense....and that Jodie Foster flick that was pretty popular) is coming out with a new Neil Young film from his shows at the Tower Theater in Philly from 2007. Just debuted at the SXSW festival, so DVD is down the road, but thought I would mention it (plus I was at one of those shows).

RUSH SNAKES AND ARROWS Blu Ray- its like you are there. You have to like Rush, but since I am a fan its easy for me. Really great sound (10/10) and the video quality is like 8/10.

Back