• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Alto movie Download questions

CRRobert

While I work to figure out path on my failed Terra Server Chassis, I removed the Terra from the KScape Store so that would only download to the Alto. Are there any other settings I need to look at? It took like 36 hours to download a Blu-ray quality movie. I removed some of the movies from the Alto so says has room for like 85 blu-ray quality downloads. I tried to start another download right before bed and it does not seem to want to download or give even longer (multiple days) estimate.

Currently on Xfinity at 1,000 mbps and speed tested fine. Think I am missing something or setting.

Thanks,

You haven't got any speed restrictions set on the downloads pane in your settings ? ... or sound like the Alto isn't talking to the router properly - not sure if the Terra acts as the primary device for IP purposes and storage - maybe reboot the Alto and see if it gets a clean IP address from the router and can download at full speed ?

Of course the above might be rubbish as I'm just learning my way around the kit !

think back to working. ISP does not have any limits and they verified speed, Etc. So unplugged Ethernet cable from Alto, then when reattached, got the orange lights on the front (triangle and network) so rebooted/unplugged the Alto, let it sit, then powered up. Had the download speed to unlimited before, but currently set at 1000. It seems to be downloading at 85 now which seems right for the Alto. Know the speeds were faster on the Terra.

So seems like a hard reboot/reset and I am back on track with the Alto.

Terra is out of my system for now, but was the primary device before so maybe the reboot helped clear it.

thanks,

Also be aware that the all-in-one systems, due to CPU limitations, must limit their download speed if you are interacting with them. So avoid using the onscreen display or the browser interface, and definitely avoid playing any content. You can keep track of download status on the movie store website or in the mobile app without affecting the download speed.

Thanks for the additional info. Yeah was monitoring progress on my ipad and not running the Alto. Think it just needed a ”reset” from me removing the Terra Server.

Back