• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Alita coming in HDR 10+?

CINERAMAX IOPH

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnar...ely-takes-on-the-hdr-format-war/#4454bae21623

39643405.jpg

This would be an opportune release to coincide with the addition of HDR10+ capabilities to the Strato, this and The Imax Docus.

Just in case the rumour running around involves HDR10+. :D

Last edited:
I guess all the reports that Fox was going to release titles in HDR10+ were correct. It is interesting that this is being released with HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. We will get to compare the two competing formats side-by-side.

John

20th century fox doesn’t seem to offer Dolby Atmos to K. I hope Disney fixes this ASAP, but merger integrations always take time... SJ

Seems if they actually do HDR10+ then we would likely get Atmos as this might be an updated workflow.

20th century fox doesn’t seem to offer Dolby Atmos to K. I hope Disney fixes this ASAP, but merger integrations always take time... SJ

Do they offer it to other providers? (I haven't found it on Vudu, but haven't checked other Vendors.)

Jim

The only comparison would be the 4K BD and yes it will be with Dolby Atmos. Unless I am wrong the only provider offering it in 4K is Fandangonow but I don't think that they offer Dolby Atmos.

Vudu, Amazon and iTunes only offer it in HD.

Kostas

Assuming DV and HDR+ is likely going to happen, anyone know if it’s a firmware update or would require additional hardware? (Lumagen?)

I see Samsung is getting a lot of pressure now on DV given they are the only remaining prime manufacturer not to support it.

For Strato all external information points that HDR10+ is doable without external hardware, a further business opportunity incentive for K would be the IMAX Enhanced movies (which are HDR10+). Currently, Fandango has the exclusive but K is not a streaming platform so an opportunity could in fact exist.

DV will not come to current K hardware. Not sure if HDR10+. IMO, many of us use our K's with projectors though, so HDR10+ is not an important feature given no projectors support it. They need to spend their time on MA... :)

Alita will be 4k HDR and Atmos on iTunes and VUDU. It's common for preorders on those services to show up listed as HD, but it will get updated at some point prior to release.

DV will not come to current K hardware. Not sure if HDR10+. IMO, many of us use our K's with projectors though, so HDR10+ is not an important feature given no projectors support it. They need to spend their time on MA... :)
Agreed. DV/HDR10+ has definitely been low on my list of priorities, especially since standard HDR looks pretty darn glorious as it is! MA would be the much bigger game changer for the company.

Not saying we would mind or anything if they did a DV/HDR10+ upgrade at some point. Just that it's not a deal breaker for most of us. Like you said, especially for those with projectors, many of which struggle with good HDR production as it is.

I think K's biggest priority (one I'm sure they're always continually working on) is more and more studio licensing agreements.

Agreed. DV/HDR10+ has definitely been low on my list of priorities, especially since standard HDR looks pretty darn glorious as it is! MA would be the much bigger game changer for the company.

Not saying we would mind or anything if they did a DV/HDR10+ upgrade at some point. Just that it's not a deal breaker for most of us. Like you said, especially for those with projectors, many of which struggle with good HDR production as it is.

I think K's biggest priority (one I'm sure they're always continually working on) is more and more studio licensing agreements.

Yes. Give me MGM, HBO, anime and other content and link up to MA please K. I'd really like to stop second-guessing my media options.

Back