• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Aircon / HVAC suggestions?

Vodder

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
TL:DR - suggestions for portable or permanent aircon units please

My dedicated room is roughly 4m by 4.5m or 13ft by 14.5ft give or take.

Since I put everything in; carpets, heavy curtains, the silent fridge, star ceiling, plus all the equipment, the heating hasn't been on once. And the room is never below 20c unless you leave the windows and the doors open.

Close the windows and doors (the doors is a must regardless) then the temp after watching a film can hit 25c, more if more than one person and again rises with prolonged viewing. Once it hits 27c you don't really feel like watching anything, let alone sit on leather seats! :)

Being in Scotland, aircon wasn't really in scope but certainly is something I would consider now - although might be hard to retrofit a permanent one now. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on how to solve this dilemma?

Honeywell HL10CESWK has come up a few times in searches. Seems to be OK and roughly 49db so not the end of the world but not great. Daikin have something called EMURA which says 24db but I haven't worked out whether that would work or not yet.

Where is the heat mostly being generated? Most of our equipment except the projector is located in a seperate area outside of our theater. We had a heat problem from our projector (when we would close the doors for watching movies). This was solved by adding a wall fan that pulls the heated exhaust from the projector into an adjacent hallway outside of the room. The quiet fans operation is integrated into our theater control system. Of course a seperate HVAC system can’t be beat. SJ

I had to install one and I live just outside Geneva.. it was much needed, you describe exactly what I used to go through.. If you can, go for it.
Mine is a Daikin Bahut - FVXS25F installed in 2013, very silent and very happy with it.

Thanks both. SJ - rings a bell that. Maybe we discussed this before (although I did search before I posted). I think it’s purely the lack of air movement and basically everything cooking. The PJ is built into a bulkhead that has a fan of sorts to do that but it didn’t do anything for the core of the room

@telem Nice one. Will have a look. I think it’s almost a must when you’ve gone all in, and would certainly be on the list if I were starting over. Not really summer yet either, it’s great in the winter tho, the log burner is well put out haha

Have you looked into possibly installing a Mini-Split in your room? I have one in the equipment/concession/restroom area adjacent to my theater, and it is absolutely whisper quiet. The outdoor unit is exceedingly quiet as well.

Awesome! Thanks Mike. No, I hadn’t but this could fit the bill nicely too going by google 👍🏼

Back