• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Advance notice of titles in store

ptrubey

Does Kaleidescape ever tell us in advance of upcoming titles in their store? The reason I ask is that I had put in an Amazon pre-release order for Man of Steel which I then received on release day. A day later I get an email saying Man of Steel was ready for download from the store. If Kaleidescape had told me a week ahead of the download availability, I would have downloaded it.

I'm now in the same position for the movie Rush. Comes out January 28. Should I put in a pre-release order, or wait and see if the download store has it?

Advance notice of new store content with the option to pre-order would be a nice facility to have.

I enjoyed Rush but was it not released by a Non-K studio? or maybe that was just in the UK.

Agreed, having that service would be helpful, I've ordered same day releases for several films that appeared in the store. I've learned to check the Studio for the film before ordering online, and if it's known to be in the store, I wait.

I doubt "Rush" will be in the store given it is a Universal release (but it did have several Independent studio's in actual production).

Jim

I just use blu-Ray.com to track new releases. Any releases from WB, New Line Cinema, Lionsgate, Summit Entertainment or Miramax will be available for download on the store.

New movies that are coming that I am looking forward to are:

Ender's Game (Feb. 11)
Gravity (Feb. 25)
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (no release date)

Rush is Universal Studios and is not available on the K store so far.

John

Thanks John, that's easier.

Jim

Maybe we should setup a separate thread or even forum for sharing alerts on forthcoming release from Kscape store participating studios?

Not a bad idea.

Releases that should be coming out tomorrow

You're Next - Lionsgate
The Spectacular Now - Lionsgate

John

I doubt that programming would be that hard to create a link between this forum and bluray.com. You can access the upcoming releases without being a member and you can sort via studio.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?show=newreleases&sortby=studio

I wish one could link their UV.com account with bluray.com, so you could have a some level of automation on knowing what you own. Then you could sort out, what you need to buy via actual disk and what you can do online. Maybe K could do something like this.

Huh. I just checked my Apple TV, and the movie I was wondering about, Rush, is available NOW for purchase via Apple TV, even though the blu-ray doesn't come out for another two weeks. I wonder what kind of video quality it is. I also wonder if Netflix has it.

And yes, Ender's Game was great!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Kaleidescape has ever done a day-and-date release into the K store simultaneous with DVD release date? I was assuming that K probably doesn't get much (or any) advanced delivery of content so they probably need time to encode and prepare metadata.

Man of Steel was the last "New Release" blast I see, and it was on release day. The few before it was were within a day or two, but no idea if the announcement trailed or not, as I don't really watch the store.

Most are available on the K store the same time as the "scheduled" release. There have been a few that have been a little late (Pacific Rim for one). There are some that have acutally been available a couple of weeks before the release (Hangover 3, The Following...).

The one I remember most is "The Great Gatsby" that I happened to be up late and it was available at 2:01AM Central (12:01AM Pacific) on the date it was scheduled for release.

John

that's encouraging, didn't know that. thanks.

"You're Next" is showing up New To The Store but not in New Releases.

John

"Spectacular Now" is out on DVD and Blu-ray, and is from Lions Gate... but not in K Store. Should I assume it's coming out to K soon before I buy it on disc?

Back