• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Adding the blu ray label to cover art

Andoreaw

Hello, do you know if there is a way to add the "blu ray" label on the top and bottom of a cover art when manually editing it...?

I live in Europe and I have some blu ray movies which aren't recognized, the infos must be uploaded manually, but I can' t figure out how to add the blue blu ray label so to distinguish the disc from other dvds on the main screen interface... I don' t understand why Kaleidescape hasn't implemented a way to do that automatically...

My understanding is that someone at Kscape manually does this after reviewing what you entered. It usually takes days but some foreign, boutiques label and imported titles take much longer. I have a several of these awaiting for months.

If I understand what you are asking, adding a picture of the movie cover to your "Covers" page, just select the Edit Movie option for that movie, then select Edit Movie Details. You will see a section near the bottom that allows you to upload your own picture of the movie cover art. If you need more details, let me know.

Jim

The Blu-ray banner is part of the cover art.

If you want to add the banner, you would have to upload new cover art with it already included.

The Blu-ray banner is part of the cover art.

If you want to add the banner, you would have to upload new cover art with it already included.
I understand that.. what I am doing now is uploading the scanned blu ray cover of the movie disc.. it includes the “blu ray” logo on top of course, but it looks different than the “blu ray disc” banner Kscape uses when a disc is automatically imported/ catalogued… I was asking if there is a way to add the Kscape banner somehow..
If I understood correctly, Kaleidescape will automatically upload my library with the banners, is that correct..? So no need to upload them myself..?
Actually, it would have been way easier if they allowed us to add the banners while editing the infos of a movie..

If these are commercially purchased movies that aren’t recognized by Kaleidescape, you should just add the barcode and give it a few days. Kaleidescape should hopefully at least add cover art to their movie guide for that disc.

FYI, The Blu-ray banners and badges on downloaded titles (HD, UHD, HDR in lower right corner) are always embedded in the image. The system has no knowledge of these parts of the artwork. Every title has an image, which may or may not include that extra imagery.

If you add your own cover art, that will take priority over anything from the movie guide. Even if Kaleidescape later adds cover art, yours will stay unless you remove it.

edit: and if you need to make your own, use the info above.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, attached are transparent PNG cover art files with the HDR, UHD, and HD badges that you see with Store content.

Attachments

• Empty HD Cover.png
    Empty HD Cover.png
    17 KB · Views: 52
  • Empty HDR Cover.png
    Empty HDR Cover.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Empty UHD Cover.png
    Empty UHD Cover.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 49
If anyone is interested, attached are transparent PNG cover art files with the HDR, UHD, and HD badges that you see with Store content.
Nice! I had seen the Blu-ray banners, but not these.

Thanks to the members that understood exactly what you wanted!

Jim

Back