• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

A Star is Born

ScottM816

For some reason, all I’m getting is a black screen, no video, only audio. This is the only movie that is effected. This is the 4K HDR version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given it's the only movie with that issue, it sounds like your connections are good, so I'd start by deleting that movie completely and re-downloading from the Store. (My answer also assumes you're not having an HDR incompatibility problem with EDID.)

Jim

Given it's the only movie with that issue, it sounds like your connections are good, so I'd start by deleting that movie completely and re-downloading from the Store. (My answer also assumes you're not having an HDR incompatibility problem with EDID.)

Jim

I’ve tried deleting and redownloading, same issue. No other issue with HDR movies. It’s even showing it going into HDR on my NX7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember having a problem with playback of that title, but perhaps I viewed a different resolution, can't remember (I assume I watched it in UHD/HDR). If you haven't already, I'd contact Support, they can check your logs to see what was reported to them when you tried to play the movie (they may also give you a code to enter into your remote control when you try to play the movie, this helps them locate that spot in the logs). All of that said, maybe I'm missing something simple and K will chime in and correct me.

Jim

Just a suggestion.....have you tried a straight cable between the player and the projector, bypassing any video or audio processors....? Always a helpful baseline starting point for troubleshooting...

I have verified that my version in 4K HDR plays just fine. I cannot think of anything else for you to try on the K side.

John

So...just to recap:

1. You have a display compatible with HDR.
2. Your cables and connections are all good.
3. All other content, including other HDR titles, play without any problem.
4. You've deleted and redownloaded the movie, but it still doesn't play.

Based on that info, I still think Support is the next stop. Perhaps they have the answer.

(BTW, if you haven't already, you might try to play the movie and leave it playing for a minute or so just to see if the video eventually shows up (you mentioned the audio plays fine, but no video). I only mention that because I do have a client that still has long video delays when changing movie resolutions because of his control system and VP. He said he's seen delays for video as long as 40 sec (and when that happens he waits for the video to appear and then backs up and starts the movie from the beginning).

Jim

So I was able to finally get it working by taking it out of Frame Adapt HDR mode on my NX7, maybe there's a bug there.

Sounds like it (bug), skip K Support and call JVC Support. Just fyi, we sold several NX-7's to Strato owners in the past 6 months, none have mentioned a problem with HDR playback (but they may not own that title). Overall an excellent projector.

Jim

Back