• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: 7.3 Released to dealer demo systems

I didn't see what the ten titles were - checked my emails but maybe I missed it?

Which titles are they?

In conjunction with the limited initial release of kOS 7.3, we are making a number of 4K HDR titles available to dealers:
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2*
  • The Angry Birds Movie
  • Concussion*
  • Elysium*
  • Fury
  • Men in Black 3
  • Risen*
  • Rocky Mountain Express
  • The Shallows

Titles marked with an asterisk (*) include a Dolby Atmos soundtrack.

You can find these HDR titles under the Dealer tab on the Kaleidescape Movie Store.

In conjunction with the limited initial release of kOS 7.3, we are making a number of 4K HDR titles available to dealers:
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2*
  • The Angry Birds Movie
  • Concussion*
  • Elysium*
  • Fury
  • Men in Black 3
  • Risen*
  • Rocky Mountain Express
  • The Shallows

Titles marked with an asterisk (*) include a Dolby Atmos soundtrack.

You can find these HDR titles under the Dealer tab on the Kaleidescape Movie Store.

Mike -- According to the review of The Shallows at AVS Forum the UHD HDR disk does have TrueHD Atmos audio. Why doesn't the file of the film provided to Kscape have Atmos? I would have expected its audio to be identical to the disk.

The current lineup of Atmos-enabled titles shouldn't be considered final. We're still refining the process of receiving all of the A/V assets from the studio and assembling the final package.

^^^ Me three. I have had my Strato since August 1 and it has been wonderful. Thanks to Mike for his report that the current list of Atmos titles shouldn't be considered final.

The Picture ( Sound Quality too) of the HDR Titles are unbelievable on my 77" OLED Display.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2*
The Angry Birds Movie
Elysium*
Fury

Thank you Kaleidescape

Should start rolling out later this month, have not heard of any delays at this point.

Jim

This could be great. I look forward to seeing it. Although I've already heard rumors of the UK dealer increasing Kscape prices in anticipation of the change!

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Increasing prices?? Why? It's just a software update that adds functions that were planned for that component (HDR, Atmos, etc). K isn't increasing prices for these features, so neither should ANY dealer.:mad: (if true)

Jim

While it doesn't include software, as the updates are free, the U.K. Pricing was increased on the 1st September.

Thanks for clarifying, it sounded like adding those features was causing the price increase (that's why I mentioned "if true").

General price increases can obviously happen from time to time. (Although I think we should all be working to keep prices as reasonable as possible to help move K forward.)

Jim

The main reason and possibly the only reason from what I can remember was due to the value of the pound against the dollar.

Well, dealer's obviously cannot control exchange rates. (My apology to any dealer offended by my comment above, I guess I'm still in the "recovery" mindset.:eek:)

Jim

Hopefully they are updating the store to show the UHD/HDR and ATMOS UHD movies after the 7.3 update completes. My system also updated. I'm dreaming about maybe Paramount being added at the same time! SJ

1 TB cap with Comcast kicks in November 1st, so I hope there is some content to load up on the next few days.

Back