• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

5u Server Replacement Power Supply Question

Jeet

Alright so I got a 5u server and on power up all the lights come on for about 5 seconds then turn off so it looks like the power supply is gone.

So if I get a power supply that is 470 watts and has the connectors I need it will work right? I have identified these are the connectors that were being used (1-24 pin, 1-4 pin 12v and 4 molex).

I have seen a few on ebay with the correct plug orientation so just want to make sure I got this understood correctly before I make a mistake.

All up and running.

Ended up finding a similar used power supply that had the connectors on it that I needed for 20 bucks
I would recommend all who have a 5u server to grab a spare power supply sooner rather than later as they will become harder to find.

It is Enermax Model: EG475AX-VE(W). Below is a link for its specs:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article149-page1.html

If you are looking for one here is one on Ebay that will suffice:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enermax-EG4...529134?hash=item1c6100d66e:g:vr0AAOSw~gRVnb9n

What I ended up doing and this might work for you as well is find a place that sells recycled computer power supplies. Take your power supply out and take it down. You want the plug orientation to be the same and you need the connectors that I mentioned previously.

Good luck!!

Back