• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

FOR SALE: 4TB drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Poindexter

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
I have some used 4TB drives for sale that I pulled out of my existing 3U server when I upgraded to 6TB drives. They will be sent to Kaleidescape to be reinitialized, so you can have them either as blank add-on drives or have them come with an operating system.

Drives are under the original warranty until 7-27-2016.

Kept in a rack mounted chassis in an air conditioned electronics room during their entire operational time.

Pricing is $500 each, shipped anywhere in North America. Overseas shipping available for actual shipping cost additional.

Sale pending on 8 of the drives.

5 of them still available, as well as the 3U server from my other thread (that 3U server has 6 x 4TB drives).

Update:

I still have 5 of these drives available.

$500 per drive shipped.

I am interested in one (1) of the 4tb disks to pair with a 4tb/2tb pairing I currently have. How do I know it will be compatible with my 4tb disk? Let me know. Thanks.

These drives are compatible with all 3U and 1U servers. All you do is put the drive into any unoccupied drive slot and within about 5 seconds it is recognized by the server and additional capacity becomes available.

If you have a 4TB and 2TB drive pair right now, you are only getting 2TB of storage as the first 4TB drive is used for RAID parity. This would increase your storage by the full 4TB.

OK. How would I go about purchasing the drive from you. Also, if you don't mind I have a couple of questions. How do I install it? Do I just pull out the 2tb and plug in the 4tb? How is the data transferred? Let me know, and thanks.

John Ladyzinski

If you would like to purchase a drive, I am selling them for $500 each, including shipping. You can paypal me at mike@poindexternut.com and I can have them shipped out as early as tomorrow.

To add the drives to your system, you would just pull out the drives that are not populated in your server. They will have a “dummy” cartridge in the slot that you can remove. The dummy drives do not have lights on them. Then slide the new drive into the slot until it clicks. It will get power, spin up and a few seconds later be part of the array. No data has to transfer onto it as it will enlarge your array.

Which server do you have? The 1U or the 3U server? Based on your info you gave, it sounds like you have a 1U server. Is that correct?

A few more drives sold. Still have 3 of the 4TB drives left. Also have a 3U server if anybody is looking for one of those (3U server has 6 x 4TB drives for 16TB of storage after RAID/Hot Spare).

I thought you lost only 1 Drive in storage terms due to RAID on the 3U. Didn't know you loose 2 of them.

Is that the same in the 1U?

On a 3U you have 1 disk allocated for raid and 1 disk is used as the hot spare hence the space allocation above re the 6 4tb disks providing 16tb of storage. On the 1U there is no hot spare.

Do you still have any drives left and is the 3u server still available and is so what are you asking for it?
Thanks

I have 3 drives left and the 3U is currently unsold.

Asking $500 per 4TB drive and asking $9,000 for the 3U server, which has 6 x 4TB drives in it already. I include free shipping in the Continental USA.

My 3U server has been sold but I still have 3 of the 4TB drives left and that is it.

$500 per drive, free CONUS shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back