• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

4k movies missing

Ironman1718

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Need help. About to watch a movie with the family and non of my 4K HDR downloads are showing up on my strato or terra. I can see my 1080p downloads but not the 4K movies. I reset my network, powered off, unplugged both terra and strato. The terra and strato are seeing my network. Both are hardwired. The only issue that popped up was an “ internal software issue”. Any thoughts? Completely bummed on a Saturday movie night. Thanks.

JVC RS2000 : Panamorph DCR Lens : Stewart Nuve 125" 2:35:1 screen
Anthem MRX 1120 : Kaleidescape Strato :Kaleidescape 24TB Server :Apple TV 4K
Oppo 203 : Xbox One X
Paradigm 95f , 55c, Paradigm Elite in wall surround and atmos speakers
SVS sb16 ultra x 3 : Emotiva XPA 3 DR 3 for LCR : Current Setup 7.3.4 Atmos

Have you've played this content previously with the same exact setup? Asking the obvious here, just want to be sure your components are HDR, able to pass HDR. I know the RS2000 is HDR-10 compatible, just curious if there is anything in the video chain requiring EDID that isn't HDR.

Jim

Need help. About to watch a movie with the family and non of my 4K HDR downloads are showing up on my strato or terra. I can see my 1080p downloads but not the 4K movies. I reset my network, powered off, unplugged both terra and strato. The terra and strato are seeing my network. Both are hardwired. The only issue that popped up was an “ internal software issue”. Any thoughts? Completely bummed on a Saturday movie night. Thanks.

JVC RS2000 : Panamorph DCR Lens : Stewart Nuve 125" 2:35:1 screen

Anthem MRX 1120 : Kaleidescape Strato :Kaleidescape 24TB Server :Apple TV 4K

Oppo 203 : Xbox One X

Paradigm 95f , 55c, Paradigm Elite in wall surround and atmos speakers

SVS sb16 ultra x 3 : Emotiva XPA 3 DR 3 for LCR : Current Setup 7.3.4 Atmos

I have had this exact issue pop up before. In my case it’s always something in the chain between the Strato and the projector/display is not passing HDR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have had this exact issue pop up before. In my case it’s always something in the chain between the Strato and the projector/display is not passing HDR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It must have been the Ubiquiti switch, I reconnected the old switch and it started passing through 4K. Seems strange, not sure if that is really it. I will have to play with it tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It must have been the Ubiquiti switch, I reconnected the old switch and it started passing through 4K. Seems strange, not sure if that is really it. I will have to play with it tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Yes, I’d say dig into it further when you have time. I have all unifi switches and gateway for my network and Strato passes HDR fine. My issue arose with a HDMI switch that was messing with the EDID.

I'm late to this thread but I thought I'd chime in to mention that if this happens again in the future, you can get a better indication of what the trouble might be by loading the HDMI Capabilities tool.

To get to it, load your system's browser interface and navigate to the Component Settings page. Click on the "Settings" button for the Strato that's having the issue. In the popup window, click the "Show video capabilities and status" button.

That page will give you an overview of what HDMI features your Strato believes are supported based on the EDID information it has received. The HDMI Video Output Status will give you details on what is currently being sent to your display.

This support document details other things to look for and try:
https://support.kaleidescape.com/article/Strato-Troubleshooting-HDMI-Connections

Thanks for the information. I hooked the UniFi switch back into my network and everything is working. Just a weird situation when it happened. Thanks again

There’s no way that the network switch would cause this symptom, sobthat’s A coincidence. It definitely sounds like an HDMI issue. If the player doesn’t see a suitable EDID for 4K support from the display, it will hide all of that content because it thinks it’s unplayable.

Ok- chiming in here because I use Ubiquiti equipment in my home and nothing else- make sure the “enable upnp lan” box is checked under the information for the network your K system is on. I have had this exact issue as you describe it, only it was reversed and only 4K content was showing and my premiere system was not communicating with my Strato. I think you have a network discovery issue- and I -think- some software updates turn that setting off, some did not... might be a bug... not sure. But I fixed the problem with that.

Back