• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

3U power supply repair???

My opinion is: bite the bullet and get the WHOLE package from K

I looked around for the power supply and the matching supply is no longer available.

It cost more from K but they include new fan assemblies. You can try to use a generic offshoot power supply, but you have to match the output specs required by K

They found that 50% of the fans failed after the power supply were replaced.

I took pictures of everything exist before I did the repair. The instructions are good, but have that existing setup as reference helps.

The bitch of the whole process is that there is connector that is under the fan assembly and drive notification bar.

Getting that apart and put back together is not for the faint of heart.

Whole process took me about a hour.

Been up and running ever since.

Good Luck ............................. we are all counting on you

Those kits are no longer available from K. The few they have are reserved for the handful of units still under warranty. They are no longer on dealer price sheets, and K will not make them available unless and until the last K5000 goes OOW.

Jim

Back