• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

SOLD: 3U Grandfathered server

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwcolins

For sale is my 3U server, it has 1 6tb drive purchased 9/18/2016 and 11 1tb drives out of warranty. There are around 2400 dvd's installed only because I boxed this unit up to trade in for a Strato but K accepted my Kvault10 for a trade-in instead so I still have this unit. Two drives failed in this unit, both ejected and not included. I think this will work if it is paired with another system just not by itself.
Asking $1998 OBO

Update:

I just reviewed the invoice for the 6tb drive:
The date I placed the order was 9/18/2016 but the drive was delivered to the store on 10/09/2016 I think that means the drive is still under warranty until 10/09 this year and can be reconfigured to be used in another system until then.

Last edited:
The server no longer comes with hard drives, pix show the 3U boots with the drives from my 1U installed.
New price: $1,250 OBO.

Attachments

• 1B8D208D-53B4-443F-9B38-7BCF06F98691.jpg
    1B8D208D-53B4-443F-9B38-7BCF06F98691.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 31
  • C48B6AF1-00F6-48B7-9366-C6888C4A13AC.jpg
    C48B6AF1-00F6-48B7-9366-C6888C4A13AC.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 539F506D-D288-4471-B5B5-E5C25579B77C.jpg
    539F506D-D288-4471-B5B5-E5C25579B77C.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 27
  • A445C0B2-6E7D-49A6-B292-6ED806543326.jpeg
    A445C0B2-6E7D-49A6-B292-6ED806543326.jpeg
    28.3 KB · Views: 25
your listing states that you sent it to Kaleidescape and kaleidescape took your DVD changer instead?
"...but K accepted my Kvault10 for a trade-in instead..."
I asked in a previous message if all the fans are working you stated "...it powered on fine all fans worked, hinges work...", so i was curious if you opened the unit...that is all; since 5 fans out of 9 inside cannot be seen without opening the unit. I am not trying to offend you but was trying to be thorough especially since you do not want to take the unit back. I would be happy to complete the transaction with you but again i was trying to be thorough.

I intended to ship this to Kaleidescape to use in an upgrade but when I learned K would accept my Kvault10 I sent that instead. Why send a working 3U when they will accept a lower value item that cannot be repaired when it quits for the same discount? Kaleidescape tech said they see nothing wrong except for errors on the hard drives (it no longer comes with the hard drives) from what I can see it works, I did not however cut the tamper seal and open the unit.

so you do not know if all the fans work? Nor if it will need replacement of such fans as part of the kit supplied by Kaleidescape? The fans tend to cease after a while of use and from the serial number, this is one of the earlier units...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back