• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

FOR SALE: 3 Grandfathered 1U Servers with 4 x 4tb Drives and New Power Supplies

fritzcurtis

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
I am selling my Premiere system a piece at a time as I am slowly evolving into Encore. I have many spare parts that I will include with each server I sell. i.e. Power Supply and spare Ram module for each. Asking 3000 per Server. Shipping to US only. I have 3servers to sell Total. Will consider a package deal as well. Originally had 6, 3 of them have sold.

Attachments

• 4FAD76E8-3D22-402C-B9B9-AA3A2F278F21.jpeg
    4FAD76E8-3D22-402C-B9B9-AA3A2F278F21.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Kaleidescape servers can all be separated out. Its confusing looking because he removed the covers off of all of his 1U servers

I get that it's eight 1U Servers, an M700 and a 3U, but my understanding is that if this is a single server - of epic proportions - the drives will need to be re-initialized in order to have independent servers. Is this not correct?

I get that it's eight 1U Servers, an M700 and a 3U, but my understanding is that if this is a single server - of epic proportions - the drives will need to be re-initialized in order to have independent servers. Is this not correct?
No, while each server's content is combined with the others when registered under the same system, it is independent entity in terms of the KRAID and can be extracted from the system for independent use. For example, the seller could, if he wanted to, create a new system by taking one or more of the servers out of the existing system and creating a new one. The 2 systems wouldn't see each other's content.

No, while each server's content is combined with the others when registered under the same system, it is independent entity in terms of the KRAID and can be extracted from the system for independent use. For example, the seller could, if he wanted to, create a new system by taking one or more of the servers out of the existing system and creating a new one. The 2 systems wouldn't see each other's content.
And to clarify, there would be no re-initialisation involved nor anything required in terms of the the drives, providing each server's disk set is working ok. Therefore each server can be quickly extracted and sold on as an independent server quite easily.

Correct. Each 1U is an array with 4 x 4 in them. 4 of them have never been written to as they were spares. I am in the process of replicating everything to my 3U and hence no need for the 1Us anymore.

Can you please send me your ph number. Are there servers still available with unwritten drives?
What spare parts come with those “specific” servers?
Thank you, Dave

Can you tell me how to add it to an existing 1U K-Server-1500? I assume it can be done like the ones you have all piggy-backed together.

You plug the 'new' server in and connect to your home network (I will assume it is set for dhcp or configured for the address range of your home network) with a standard network patch cable (Cat5 or above). Then log on to the browser interface of your existing server and at the top of the you will see the option to 'add a component' so click on this, a pop-up window will appear so then just follow the instructions presented - below is from my system. Very simple and easy

This system is Holiday Home System. View another system or add a component to this system.

Back