• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

2001: A Space Odyssey audio mix

Sure with pleasure.

No there is no automatic way which is a shame.

Kostas

Thanks appreciate ur help Kostas

I look into alpha thin ice scene and there was an improvement I notice in this scene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi folks,

I'm sorry that this is currently as awkward as it is. We're hoping to make some improvements here in the future.

Here's a question I'll pose for you: would you be interested in having content auto-update on your system? If so, what should prompt an auto-update? An update in audio format? Addition of extras? Addition of more subtitle options?

If you'd rather not have auto-update, what would be your preferred way to learn that there is a new version of a title available? How much granularity would you want to see in terms of what was added or changed?

Okay, that was more than "a" question...

Hi folks,

I'm sorry that this is currently as awkward as it is. We're hoping to make some improvements here in the future.

Here's a question I'll pose for you: would you be interested in having content auto-update on your system? If so, what should prompt an auto-update? An update in audio format? Addition of extras? Addition of more subtitle options?

If you'd rather not have auto-update, what would be your preferred way to learn that there is a new version of a title available? How much granularity would you want to see in terms of what was added or changed?

First thank to all K stuff for all what they do to improve the service that already satisfied MOST of K users

I think and maybe most will share an auto update that include any improve such audio or encode improve will be great and U can made this by user submit that’s Allow K to do this update automatically depends on client content and the version he have or just a notification in the app that this movie had a new version ..audio, encode, extra .. etc and lat the client decide I will vote for auto update and from now I can give K the permission to do it in my system

another wish I hope I get more content with Arabic subtitle in the feature I got just 2 and in HD not in HDR for me to be 100% disc less that’s what I am plan and now I am 70% desc less

at the end for me K is more than system for me and I love it and I am just run in the third year since I become a member in such nice family and friends

Thank u K and all the best

Ahmed

Hi folks,

For me Mike - auto-update would be preferred where either there was a new/improved version of either Audio/Video.

For me Mike - auto-update would be preferred where either there was a new/improved version of either Audio/Video.

Mike, I would like auto updates for any improvements, make it simple. Simply provide an option to check a box in my profile. I think this is probably the most important improvement that could be made to the store.

Hi folks,

Yes, yes, yes! When a movie is upgraded on the back end for any reason, that should push to a user's system ASAP if the content is already locally resident. You could consider an opt-in or out setting for this, just so people that have limited bandwidth and caps can have some control, but give the setting the ability to run free if desired.

I would also suggest that the next time you open that movie's information page on your K device, it show a tag/header/notice that the movie was updated and indicate why (fixed issues, added Atmos audio, improved encoding quality, added extras, and so on). The notice can go away then after that pop up.

You could even consider a download history section on the movie information page on-screen as well. Probably in the same area you go to manage the content or delete it from your system. Basically list all of the downloads of that film with day, time, downloaded rate, and notes. The initial download could just say that ("Initial Download"), but subsequent auto downloads could have the details mentioned above ("Fixed video issue", "Added Atmos audio track", and so on).

If you merge those two suggestions, you could just put a new temporary icon on the cover of the auto updated movie in the wall. The user then goes to the download history/manage download option to see the details. Then remove the update icon upon that first access into the movie info pane after it appeared.

This would be a major usability improvement with the system. At my company (MathWorks), we would consider this a Category-1 xBug. An xBug being something that's not technically a defect, but is behavior that confuses or violates user expectation. To me, making me manage my content, force new downloads, and having no real way to know when something was even updated for me to re-download is a major xBug.

Hi folks,

What might be great is having another tab or check mark you could apply to the movies tab section of the Encore web interface. This would show any movies that are different from store content and what that difference is like audio, etc. You could then select movies and have a button for UPDATE that would start the process of deleting and queuing up store content.. I would like to control when updating would happen because even though we have unlimited data plans, some ISPs will reduce speed after you hit a certain point. Would be nice to run a massive update while on vacation or if you speed constraints (ISP throttling) towards the end of the month. SJ

I'm a little late, but I definitely would opt for the movies auto updating if audio or content has changed. For me, either auto update for any change, or make it a setting where people can choose the type of updates they would want to auto-download.

The other thing would be good if it was obvious. For instance, if a movie that didn't have Atmos, now does and auto-downloads, it would be nice to know that it happened and why, as that might trigger me to rewatch it to check out the new sound track, or maybe check out some extras that were added.

+1 for auto update from me. Opt-in or opt-out your library to start with - presume that is easier to implement. Can revise it from there - granular audio/extras etc. Hopefully would solve me seemingly having a number of versions of the same film downloaded. (I’ve got plenty of space at the moment but when I start running out, that is going to be annoying)

Whilst we wait for improvements, am I being stupid regarding deleting existing content? I see I can delete the whole movie from the web interface but when I have multiple versions of the same movie, how do I select a specific version to remove? Or am I simply looking in the wrong place.

I've attached pics of Pacific Rim.

I guess there's also versions that you own but perhaps are not downloaded or inserted. Does it still include those?

I presume the movies tab on the web interface is the definitive list of one's library?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 10.47.48.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 10.47.48.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 11.19.30.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 11.19.30.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 24
Whilst we wait for improvements, am I being stupid regarding deleting existing content? I see I can delete the whole movie from the web interface but when I have multiple versions of the same movie, how do I select a specific version to remove? Or am I simply looking in the wrong place.

On the Movies tab, select the checkbox beside "Pacific Rim" then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Select versions to delete..." button. You'll get a popover showing you the titles you have selected for deletion with a checkbox (enabled by default) beside each version of that title that is on your system. Simply deselect the versions you wish to keep and then click the "OK" button.

there is no way to tell which version of the star is born will be deleted. I will try through the player gui and see.

The popover that I reference in my post above allows you to select which versions are being deleted. I've attached a screenshot of the popover. In this example, the Blu-ray disc versions of Inception and Risen will be deleted and the DVD version of Syriana will be deleted if/when I click the "OK" button.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DeleteSelections.jpg
    DeleteSelections.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 149
A bit of a resurrection on this thread but was there any update to the possibility that there would be an auto-update feature on the systems in lieu of manually executing downloads and deleting the movies?

Thanks appreciate ur help Kostas

I look into alpha thin ice scene and there was an improvement I notice in this scene

Hi Ahmad,

It's been some time since the last time that I downloaded my 4K library but here you go:

King Kong
The Lego Ninjago movie
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

I will launch a full 4K library download and post if any updates.

Hi Ahmad,

It's been some time since the last time that I downloaded my 4K library but here you go:

King Kong

The Lego Ninjago movie

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

I will launch a full 4K library download and post if any updates.

Thx it’s very informative and helpful and yes it’s a must idea to be in separate thread or here also

Thx it’s very informative and helpful and yes it’s a must idea to be in separate thread or here also

You are welcome Ahmad.

"The Meg" and "Alien" downloaded again today.(Out of the 550 UHD/HDR movies in my library)

Kostas

You are welcome Ahmad.

"The Meg" and "Alien" downloaded again today.(Out of the 550 UHD/HDR movies in my library)

Kostas

Great I will delete and re download them

I wish K make this happen auto to ensure the best version we have

Hi folks,

Hi Mike know last months where busy for u folks but just remind u about the auto update features it will so great addition and I vote for all update u list a full auto update it will great to sure we have the best version of each movie

Back