• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

2 Cinema Ones, 1 remote.

Diskreet

So I recently got a 2nd cinema one to increase my storage capabilities rather than for a second player. Though it will be a second player when I find the funds to do my extension (would probably happen quicker if I didn't keep updating my av)

So basically I have 2 cinema ones in my rack which is line of sight in my lounge. I have a Rti control system which does everything I want. But I want to get the kids remote so my little one can pick what she wants when she wants.

But obviously both units being line of sight, the remote will control both, is there a way of disabling IR on one unit? I've checked all the menus. None that I can see. Or if anyone has any other bright ideas I'm all ears.

I don't want to plaster my lovely cinema one and rack with tape to cover the ir if I can avoid it !

Many Thanks

Does the Cinema One have any component settings menu, but just not the Control tab? If not, would manually calling it by changing the address to http://IP or host/advanced_serial?sn=[etc.] work?

There's lots of things you can use, other than tape, to block an IR signal. Some are even more aesthetic than just wrapping a piece of paper around it. Then again, without knowing how the control system is setup, I would think you could use it (either for relay or having the flasher block LOS.)

Last edited:
I don't know if the C1 has this but on my M700 if I go into component, settings, control, I have the option to pick either "Toshiba" or "Kenwood" for the IR code set. Does the C1 have this option? If so, you should be able to set the second unit to the opposite of the first one.

John

The C1 does not have the option of changing IR code-set. There's no component web menu as everything is setup through the on screen interface.

I just tried playing with the rear IR input, seeing if it would disable the front, but no luck.

That said, if you aren't using the second video output, any reason to keep it in the rack? You could just attach it to your network in another room.

Along the same lines I don't think the child remote could delete a movie or get into the setup menus, so shouldn't be any harm if it controls both in any case. You'll just have a random movie playing on the second one.

Another thought, does anyone know if the child remote will turn the unit on with any button press? If it doesn't turn it on, it may be a non-issue.

Kevin D.

Back