• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

1st post 1st thread!

Jmca1

Hello all,

I am a new owner of a KScape (1U) and I love it. I had a couple of questions, and I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me.

I bought a KScape as a single room solution for music and movies. I have a KPlayer-5000 and was wondering two things:

1. Will the KPlayer output stereo audio from HDMI and its Digital out at the same time? Or will one be given priority over the other?

2. If it does output to both, has anyone considered using a DAC for the digital out, and what kind of DAC? I did not buy a music player, as it seemed a bit superfluous having the K-Player for my one room. I got rid of a Meridian 508.24 for the K-Scape, to give everyone a point of reference.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts. I am primarily an audiophile who wanted better access to his music, and the benefits of movie storage appealed to me, not to mention the level of quality and support the system gives. I look forward to your replies.

thanks
JTM

Hello all,

I am a new owner of a KScape (1U) and I love it.
Congratulations! ! !

I had a couple of questions, and I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me.

I bought a KScape as a single room solution for music and movies. I have a KPlayer-5000 and was wondering two things:

1. Will the KPlayer output stereo audio from HDMI and its Digital out at the same time? Or will one be given priority over the other?
Kaleidescape will output audio across all outputs, HDMI, Analog and Digital (Coax & TosLink) simultaneously.

2. If it does output to both, has anyone considered using a DAC for the digital out, and what kind of DAC?
As far as the DAC we have experimented with a few BUT nothing I would recommend. First what type of AV setup are you running it through? What type of Amps/Speakers are you running? Are you running a 2 channel, 3 channel 5.1, 7.1 set up? Are you running mono amps to each speaker or multi channel amps? Your setup will make more of a difference then a DAC would.

Yes, congrats and welcome to the forum!!:)

James has answered your question regarding audio out, and I agree that more is needed on your current setup. (On a personal note I'm using Halcro gear (for processing and amps) along with Aerial Acoustics 20T's, and allow both the KPlayer and KMusic to supply audio, which I find to be satisfying at most levels. I do however keep pure two channel in separate gear, as well.)

Jim

Hi guys. Thanks for the warm welcome. My system currently consists of Mark Levinson 360S preamp, Krell FPB400cx stereo amp, Wilson WATT5 Puppy 2's and a 50" Pioneer Kuro. I had a Meridian CD as I mentioned previously.

Any guidance on a DAC would be greatly appreciated!!!

PS I am strictly a 2 channel sort of guy. I am starting to get a a hint of the home theater bug, but I think I don't want to put the investment in the remaining 3 channels of equipment.

Back