• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

101 Question: How do you view a collection in Covers?

ht guy

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Must be the most basic need out there...can't believe I can't figure this one out.

You can’t see cover art view for just a Collection from the OSD, but you CAN do this from the 2nd Screen app. Just open the app go to Collections, pick one and then hit the Covers View at the top of the screen. This gives you cover art for only the titles in that Collection.

John

Not what you're asking, but there is one minor exception, and that's the "Child" collection, because it ONLY shows the Covers, and only when using the child remote control.

Jim

Thanks John.

K should consider putting this on the 1st screen.

Great way for guests to pick a movie (without including topics/titles of no interest) - esp. with shuffle.

You can’t see cover art view for just a Collection from the OSD, but you CAN do this from the 2nd Screen app. Just open the app go to Collections, pick one and then hit the Covers View at the top of the screen. This gives you cover art for only the titles in that Collection.

John

What is the 2nd screen app?

Well, after using the 2nd screen app a bit more, I'm no longer concerned with not being able to do Collection Cover View on the 1st screen.

It's much faster and easier (and will be for guests) to use 2nd screen on an iPad vs. messing with a remote (even the iOS remote.)

Well done, K!

Yes, I use this for a “Movie Night“ collection. Pull it up on my iPad and pass around to friends/family to pick a movie.

John

Thank you for the link on the Second Screen app for the iPad. I’m new to the Kscape and this app is great for the iPad.

Back