• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

“Fear No Evil” added (Shout Factory?)

MAttHEATLifer

Just saw “Fear No Evil” has been added to store.

with no studio or collection link, when I look up movie has been distributed Lionsgate on DVD and New version on Blu-ray coming out from Kino Lorber, if it was either of them I feel studio would already be on movie Info.

current Blu-ray is from Shout! Factory. Do we think that studio is being added as normally when no studio Listed on movie page that is what it means.

Was wondering the same since few days now as "Fear No Evil" is not the first movie added and linked to Shout. Below were added sometime last week and there may have been others. Didn't post anything as I have no idea about their licensing deals.

Maybe they are linked to Scream Factory sub-brand?

Usually when a studio is added we see many movies appearing at the same time. The only other studio I remember that showed up with a couple of movies(today there is only one left) is Arrow Films in 2018.

There is a collection(although not visible) however the studio name is not mentioned.

I was not able to find a collection at the K Store for Shout or any other Shout related company.

Their page at blu-ray.com shows many movies under their name that we have at the Store from other Studios, i.e. Ghibli.

Reading their Wikipedia page the following may explain.

Licensing deals​

As of 2020, Shout! Factory has agreements with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, MGM, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Paramount Home Media Distribution, Allspark, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, GKIDS, Eleven Arts, Sesame Workshop, IFC Films, Major League Baseball, ITV Studios, CBS Home Entertainment, Motion Picture Corporation of America, The Tornante Company and the estate of Stephen J. Cannell.

Maybe someone knows more about them/their licensing deals and could shed some light.

More Shout! movies added when you look up distrubutor on Blu-ray or digital on Vudu...

Since Shout is now in store and
Weathering with You was just added
will we be getting 4k version coming out on 17th

Also what about upcoming versions of

and what about the recently released

We will see. I have added “Weathering with you (4K)“ to the new release thread.

John

Also what about upcoming versions of

and what about the recently released

I don’t think Shout has digital distribution rights to the F13 collection. If we see anything, I think it’s much more likely we’ll eventually see Paramount release 4K versions of the first four in the series, which got new 4K transfers. Similar to how Paramount released Event Horizon in 4K on digital platforms, based on the same remaster that Shout Factory is releasing on blu-ray in March 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back