Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Remotes, Automation, and Control Systems

Old Jun 22nd, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdls View Post
In case anyone is interested, I did a whole review on the new Chowmain Control4 app for Kaleidescape. It definitely offers some cool additions for Control4 owners. The review with lots of pics is here:
http://www.residentialsystems.com/bl...mmBAT0.twitter
Thanks for the indepth product review John. I really appreciate it. Hopefully your review will help other people get a good idea of how much it really improves the experience.

Check out our awesome Kaleidescape driver for the Control4 Home Automation System
Old Jun 29th, 2016

i had this installed 2 weeks ago, it's pretty legit, i use this way more than Kscape GUI.
Old Jul 16th, 2016

Alan,

I am enjoying the one click functionality of the Control4 and this app. However, I have peculiar behavior since installing Control4 and the Chowmain App. When I pause a movie and then restart it the aspect ratio will change to 2.35. This triggers the masking, lens, and aspect ratio. This did not occur with the Kaleidescape app of course since these actions were not automated. I can then switch it back manually but this has to be a glitch. I have my AV folks coming back to work on this but any ideas?
Old Jul 17th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Winter View Post
Alan,

I am enjoying the one click functionality of the Control4 and this app. However, I have peculiar behavior since installing Control4 and the Chowmain App. When I pause a movie and then restart it the aspect ratio will change to 2.35. This triggers the masking, lens, and aspect ratio. This did not occur with the Kaleidescape app of course since these actions were not automated. I can then switch it back manually but this has to be a glitch. I have my AV folks coming back to work on this but any ideas?
This is the first time anyones reported an issue like this (we sell quite alot of these drivers). Your AV guys will need to submit a ticket to our helpdesk with a description of the problem, a copy of your project (to make sure its not something silly they've programmed in) and driver logs capturing the problem. Once our helpdesk has all the information they will assist your dealer in resolving the problem.

Check out our awesome Kaleidescape driver for the Control4 Home Automation System
Old Jul 18th, 2016

Thanks Alan for the quick reply, I have forwarded to my AV folks. Its reassuring that this is not a common. I'm betting its a Control4 programming error but we will see. I'll post the results once we get this addressed.
Old Jul 21st, 2016

I'm surprised; it seems there are many C4 owners here on the forum. If there are any C4/Pakedge dealers on the forum can you please contact me via PM? I have a few questions I'd like to shoot your way.
Old Jul 22nd, 2016

Just a follow up to my earlier post, the issues I described were as Alan predicted due to a programming error. Apparently there is more than one location in the C4 software for aspect ratio. This was corrected by my AV folks offsite and the C4 and Chowmain app has been working perfectly since Tuesday. I could not now imagine using my Kaleidescape system without it.
Thanks.
Old Jul 22nd, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Winter View Post
Just a follow up to my earlier post, the issues I described were as Alan predicted due to a programming error. Apparently there is more than one location in the C4 software for aspect ratio. This was corrected by my AV folks offsite and the C4 and Chowmain app has been working perfectly since Tuesday. I could not now imagine using my Kaleidescape system without it.
Thanks.
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the positive feedback.

Old Jan 8th, 2018

I Just installed this driver on my Control4 system and wanted to know if we can program those blank buttons on the touch screen.

We need direct access to movies list, collections and covers and right now I dont see a way to do that. Anyone else figure it out?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (218.8 KB, 25 views)
Old Jan 8th, 2018

Thats not possible, those transport controls you've pictured are automatically populated based on the "proxy" the driver was built with.

Tags
control4, home automation