Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Remotes, Automation, and Control Systems

Old Aug 25th, 2011

Yes I'm having the same issue with my iPhone.. it crashes when i attempt to select a player. However I'm sure these are bugs that can be ironed out. Personally I'm quite excited about it as at least it can see my KS server! Remotescape doesn't, as it sniffs out broadcast packets which my LAN can't see as they are different subnets..
As long as they fix it I'm still keen to give it a go..
Old Aug 26th, 2011

Joe,

As per support email I'm sorry that you are having issues with the app and you are of cause welcome to request a refund from Apple via iTunes as I would not want any unhappy customers.

I can assure you that the app normally works fine, but unfortunately the latest update (v1.0.5) has introduced an issue in the zone select for some users. A fix for this will be produced and uploaded as soon as possible.

Regarding landscape mode then this is only supported from the movie/music list view which, if you are having the zone select issue, you wouldn't have been able to get to.

Jesper
Old Aug 31st, 2011

Thanks Jesper for the hint..
It works a treat now.. and the movie covers in landscape mode is just fantastic..
Just what we've been after..
keep up the good work
Jerry
Old Aug 31st, 2011

That's great.

As I mentioned in the support email the issue turned out to be a silly mistake in the new custom controller commands added for v1.0.5. A fix for this has been uploaded and should be available sometime next week depending on Apple's review time.

Note for anyone else that may have the same issue you can use the following workaround for now:

Go to settings and hit the Room Id field. Then on the next screen type in a room name (anything will do) e.g. "Living" and then hit the Add button. Then hit the top right Done button and the same again on the settings screen to return back to the Select Zone/Player screen.
You should then be able to select a zone/player without any issues.

Lastly returning to sbutter's question can anyone that have the Remotescape app please explain how the 'play movie' function works there?
Old Sep 2nd, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1remote View Post
Lastly returning to sbutter's question can anyone that have the Remotescape app please explain how the 'play movie' function works there?
I'm not sure I understand the question, but taken as read.

In Remotescape, from "Movies" (List) or "Covers" view, one tap on the movie of choice brings up the movie coverart and synopsis page, and a link to "Play now" and "Show details on Kaleidescape". One tap on "play now" starts the selected movie.
Old Apr 17th, 2016

I'm interested in purchasing this app as it's now 18.99 on the app store. Is anyone actively using this?
I noticed the developer hasn't updated the app since April 2014.

Tags
1remote, amx, kaleidescape, one remote, remotescape