Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Marketplace

Old Mar 28th, 2011

Default $2,900.00 5U server with Mini player 1080P

Kaleidescape 5U server model 2000 (first model) from our showroom with 5 x 300 gig hard drives but have room for lots more 750 gig hard drives. Capacity right now is about 110 DVD's and 15 CD's for music. This server is about 5 or 6 years old but is off most of the time, just turned it on to watch a movie or demonstrate to a client. Server comes with a mini 1080P player about a year old and a new remote control sealed in a box. This player upconverts regular DVD's to 1080P picture and can be installed behind a TV because its very small. We are selling it because we are upgrading to Blu-Ray player and smaller size server (we have to travel with server to show clients)
This server does not have the option to import movies because this player does not have a DVD tray.
We will ship the server after we get your payment verfied. in the picture it shows the server inside a small rack but I am not selling the rack and enclosure.
I will include a brand new in the box remote control by Kaleidescape so that you can use this player. Server will come with no movies per my agreement with Kaleidescape.
Server model
KSERVER-2000-E
Serial # 0000-0000-1471
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1895.JPG (63.6 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1893.JPG (73.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1896.JPG (95.3 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by labacom; Mar 28th, 2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Forgot to list price
Old Mar 28th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by labacom View Post
.........This server does not have the option to import movies because this player does not have a DVD tray.........

For those reading this post keep in mind the Seller is NOT saying you cannot import movies. Of course the Server WILL store movies but you need to purchase a separate Reader or Movie Player that has an import tray in order to import movies to the Server.

Jim
Old Mar 28th, 2011

Jim Thanks for the clarification, that is correct.
Old Mar 29th, 2011

I have a KREADER I might sell for $700 that would make this 5U system complete....
Old Mar 29th, 2011

Default DVD loader

Hey this is a great addition to our server.
Thanks
Ron
Old Mar 29th, 2011

Are 750GB drives even available for purchase anymore from K? or would it have to be in the secondary market?
Old Mar 29th, 2011

Default 750 disc drives

They are available. There are a lot of these servers out there
Ron
Old Apr 27th, 2011

Knowing that you need an M300 or M500 player to play Bluray, and a disk vault to make it worth it, can this server work with the bluray ecosystem?

Assuming that the server could be filled with 5U cartridges and the largest each one could be is 750GB in size, how many blurays could this hold?

And what about streaming Blurays- how many simultaneous bluray streams could it produce?

Thank you.
Old Apr 27th, 2011

The KSERVER-2000 did not have GigE, but 100mbit ethernet so I would have to guess that 2 BluRay streams would be the most one could expect from it.
Old Apr 27th, 2011

Hi iansilv,

I will check how many Blu-rays will fit. As the other gentleman said this server did not have the gigabit card so it may be limited to one stream (maybe two) it can do 5 streams of regular DVDs and or CDs

Ron

Tags
1080, 5u server, miniplayer, remote control, server