Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Remotes, Automation, and Control Systems

Old May 22nd, 2007

Default IR codes for Alphabets?

I've been programing my Pronto NG TSU7000 with the K-scape IR codes...

Noticed the list K makes available on their website doesn't have any codes for Alphabets (only numbers and commands). Does anyone have a list of IR codes for the Alphabets that they can attach here?

Thanks.
Old May 25th, 2007

There is not one to the best of my knowledge.

THe possibilites for the code set to not work correctly were deemed an unacceptable risk.

This was as of about 18 months ago when i worked there. You may want to call support to confirm, but if it ain't on the website...
Old May 26th, 2007

Dizzman, thanks for your response. You're right, there aren't any IR codes for the Alphabets. I wrote to K support and the good folks there confirmed what my local dealer mentioned. Its a pity though since my Pronto NG works superbly well for all other aspects.

Nevertheless, the continuous scroll-speed through lists with IR is incredibly fast anyway, I don't envision a few extra seconds in finding a title I want will be too much of a hassle... (certainly not more than the trouble of moving to a Crestron/AMX/RTI system anyway).

Cheers!
Old May 26th, 2007

of course the Java console has full keyboard access... so you can do it with a handy wifi laptop, though I agree that's far from ideal. I mention it only because I find that people often don't know, or have forgotten, about the nice java-code "remote" that Kaleidescape supplies.

Old Jun 2nd, 2007

Wait a min, I just realised maybe I'm missing this... Just re-reading the Installation Guide, and checking the "Home" tab via the web utility on my system, it doesn't have a "Control Panel" selection for the "Web Utility Control Panel"...

I've got Java running on both my Vista and Mac laptops, but accessing K from either platform doesn't show the Web Control Panel.

Any ideas? (before I call my dealer/email K)

ps: just noticed the K-system Web help screen... "There may also be an area on your home page listing Control Panels. This list shows each Kaleidescape Player that's set up with a web-based control panel... (Note: You must have Java installed on your PC to use the web-based control panel. Visit Sun's Java Web Site to download Java.)" -- Why "may"? Does anything other than lack of Java installation cause the Control Panel not to appear?
Old Jun 2nd, 2007

It's not a tab, but a link towards the bottom right hand side. You'll see it to the right of the movie "The Killers" in the attached screen shot.
Attached Images
File Type: gif insert_screen.GIF (183.7 KB, 9 views)
Old Jun 2nd, 2007

Right, so its a problem!...

My system does not display the Control Panel section at all. Its currently only licensed for Music and only in one zone (although I am using a MoviePlayer2), I wonder if that has something to do with it.

I'll email K about this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kscape screenshot.jpg (130.7 KB, 8 views)
Old Jun 3rd, 2007

Hi AC88,

That's really odd. It doesn't seem right that only movie+music subscribers would get access to the java consoles. So my guess is that it's just a bug... since you have fewer rows of icons on that homepage that you snapped a picture of, the page doesn't seem to properly display that area with links to the java consoles.

So try this... I'll give you the code that my page uses to launch my java consoles. If you go to your browser, go to that same kaleidescape server home page of yours (same one you took that screenshot of), you should be able to paste this code into your browser's address bar to launch the java console (when you make a tiny change noted below).

Here's the code to launch my Java movie player control:
Code:
javascript:Check_java( '/panel.html?sn=242b&size=large' );
NOTE - you MUST change the "242b" in that code to whatever the serial number is of your player. You can find that by going to your installer page and clicking the "components" tab.

And you want that entire code fragement - including the final parenthesis and semicolon.
That code may not work on your system since you don't have a movie system license, so here's the code to launch my music system java console:
Code:
javascript:Check_java( '/panel.html?sn=242b&size=large&stream_id=01&browse_only=1' );
AGAIN - NOTE that you need to change the serial number to your player's serial number and keep that final parenthesis and semicolon.
Just change the serial number field, and paste the resulting string into your web browser's URL address box WHEN you're on your "My Kaleidescape" page.
Give that a try... I'm really curious if it works, so report back if you can.

--josh

Old Jun 5th, 2007

Thumbs up

The good folks at K confirmed its currently a bug with music-only licensed systems.

Josh, you're absolutely on the right track, K support sent me those exact URLs with my serial number, and they work perfectly. I've just saved them as favourites on my browser for quick access.

Everythings looking good now Thanks for the help guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Control Panel screen capture.jpg (145.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg SATP screen capture.jpg (97.8 KB, 8 views)
Old Jun 6th, 2007

I love New Order!

I wonder if you had a music only system with the 4 zone music server instead of the one zone movie player if you would still get the movie player Java controller option from the home page or if you would only only get the Music Zones player options on the home page???

I need to find out as I am now selling music only systems as my goto music servers - the ultimate trojan horse.
A HiFi House Company