Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Kaleidescape Hardware & Setup

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Shelf for Starto-C and M300- is it the same for each, with different plates?

I hope someone can answer this for me- are the shelves designed to hold two strato-cs and the shelves designed to hold two M-300s the same shelf, just with two different fronts? I would like to mount these side-by-side on the same shelf and am looking at cutting of the faceplates to accommodate this.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Kaleidescape, Inc.

The shelf mount for the M300 (KSHELF-300) and the Strato C (KMOUNT-STRATO-C) are completely different and the mounting points and mechanisms are incompatible.

M300 mounting instructions:
https://www.kaleidescape.com/wp-cont...stallation.pdf

Strato C mounting instructions:
https://support.kaleidescape.com/art...allation-Guide

Kaleidescape does not make or sell a shelf that can mount an M300 and a Strato C side-by-side.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

OK- so If I want to fit these things on the same shelf next to each other, I really have to pick the shelf for the Strato-C and just leave the side without the Strato C open, to sit the M300 there without screwing it in or using a faceplate?
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I may be mistaken, but I thought that the custom shelves from Middle Atlantic could be ordered with a configuration of two different items side by side (assuming spacing can be accommodated). I have one of their dual M300 shelves and although its 2U in height it looks OK to me and I think the extra space is good for ventilation.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kragan View Post
I may be mistaken, but I thought that the custom shelves from Middle Atlantic could be ordered with a configuration of two different items side by side (assuming spacing can be accommodated). I have one of their dual M300 shelves and although its 2U in height it looks OK to me and I think the extra space is good for ventilation.
Who did you go through for a custom faceplate?
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansilv View Post
Who did you go through for a custom faceplate?
I think that any dealer that handles Middle Atlantic could help, but when I ordered mine I used CustomAVrack.com They have an online order form that can be found under category - RSH Custom Rack Shelves..