Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Remotes, Automation, and Control Systems

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Control 4

Hello All

I have been using Simple Controls/Roomie Remote for a while now and finally done with their support. They seem to think Customers as a distraction to business.

I am thinking of doing Control 4 soon. Is there a dealer in Bay Area people may recommend. I am just looking to automate one room and list of equipment in that room will be:

1. Marantz AV8805
2. JVC NX7
3. Sony UBP 1100ES
4. Bluesound Node
5. Lutron Casetta Switches and hub
6. Strato
7. Co Star
8. Alto
9. K disc server
10. Apple TV
11. Marantz TT 15S1
12. Nakamichi Tape Deck

Looking forward to add two more items:
Anthem STR Pre Pro
Terra Server (when space runs out on my Strato)

Cheers

Raj
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I don't know any C4 dealers in the Bay Area, but I can tell you that what you have would be a relatively easy install/integration. Almost everything you have has a certified IP control driver. You could get away with an EA1 and SR260 remote for just a single room solution; all-in on hardware for under $800. I have a lot of the same components you do (8805, Lutron, NX7, Kaleidescape) as well as a full Control4 system, and the integration for all of those devices is really simple, solid, and reliable. You do want to make sure you have a solid network though.
John
Old 4 Weeks Ago

John

Thanks again for the post. I am vary of installers as most of them want to see me a EA3 or 5. It seems easy selling me hardware and quoting me low on programming. I understand these systems are only as good as the installer programming them.

Thanks

Raj