Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Kaleidescape Hardware & Setup

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Raj do u have 2 displays connected to the 8805? One on each HDMI out? If so, have you tried selecting HDMI MONITOR 1 OR HDMI MONITOR 2 instead of AUTO (Dual) which is the default?
Old 4 Weeks Ago

It is my understanding that the costar will slow things down like your experiencing. I noticed a difference once I eliminated the costar from my system.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by carajo View Post
It is my understanding that the costar will slow things down like your experiencing. I noticed a difference once I eliminated the costar from my system.
Did you replace the co-star with something else - a co-star licence perhaps.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeGeek View Post
Raj do u have 2 displays connected to the 8805? One on each HDMI out? If so, have you tried selecting HDMI MONITOR 1 OR HDMI MONITOR 2 instead of AUTO (Dual) which is the default?
I only have one out connected to projector, but left the setting in default. Once I am back in the US will give this a try. Thanks again.

Cheers

Raj
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Hey, Raj!
I have a similar setup (Marantz AV8805, JVC NX7, Sony 65-inch LED, Strato w/Co-Star). I am using a 50-foot FIBBR cable to the PJ. There is definitely some slowness on the PJ side when changing formats or resolutions, say from 4k60 SDR (the Strato GUI) to 4K24 HDR (movies). I'd say it is maybe 5-8 seconds of black screen, but definitely the audio starts before the video. Not a big deal in watching a movie, but def would be an issue with a scene. Once the NX7 is locked onto that new resolution, I can jump from scene to scene (in the same movie) at normal speed, but I think this is definitely a JVC thing. And, yes, when the PJ sees an HDR signal, it automatically goes into HDR mode which includes High Lamp Mode.

I don't have any video issues with the Strato when using the Dual (Auto) HDMI out mode on the 8805, but when I'm watching 4K movies on my Samsung UHD BD player, it won't sent 4K resolution in Dual (Auto) mode---I have to set it to just output 2 (the PJ). Fortunately, I have a Control4 system, so this is a simple programming fix that is seamless to the viewer.

Happy to answer any other questions about this setup...
John
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdls View Post
Hey, Raj!
I have a similar setup (Marantz AV8805, JVC NX7, Sony 65-inch LED, Strato w/Co-Star). I am using a 50-foot FIBBR cable to the PJ. There is definitely some slowness on the PJ side when changing formats or resolutions, say from 4k60 SDR (the Strato GUI) to 4K24 HDR (movies). I'd say it is maybe 5-8 seconds of black screen, but definitely the audio starts before the video. Not a big deal in watching a movie, but def would be an issue with a scene. Once the NX7 is locked onto that new resolution, I can jump from scene to scene (in the same movie) at normal speed, but I think this is definitely a JVC thing. And, yes, when the PJ sees an HDR signal, it automatically goes into HDR mode which includes High Lamp Mode.

I don't have any video issues with the Strato when using the Dual (Auto) HDMI out mode on the 8805, but when I'm watching 4K movies on my Samsung UHD BD player, it won't sent 4K resolution in Dual (Auto) mode---I have to set it to just output 2 (the PJ). Fortunately, I have a Control4 system, so this is a simple programming fix that is seamless to the viewer.

Happy to answer any other questions about this setup...
John
Thanks John. I used 15M fiber optic Ruprio cable recommended by K. When I get back to bay will see how much time it actually takes using a stop clock. I am a impatient guy and may be adding seconds to this. I can add this to my Roomie Remote if it becomes an issue while playing any 4K disc from Sony UHD BD Player. Thanks again for all the good points.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

FYI, anyone that owns a new JVC projector, they just released the new HDR Frame Adaptive firmware that was demo'd at CEDIA. This should be a game changer for HDR watching (for those of us that don't own a Lumagen!). Here's the link:
https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/...rs1000/dl.html
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdls View Post
FYI, anyone that owns a new JVC projector, they just released the new HDR Frame Adaptive firmware that was demo'd at CEDIA. This should be a game changer for HDR watching (for those of us that don't own a Lumagen!). Here's the link:
https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/...rs1000/dl.html
This actually made me buy NX7 and not Sony. I have not done the update yet. I am in Mexico City for now. Next week, I will update and try to run the autocal.

Cheers

Raj
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I just ran the JVC firmware update - went smoothly. I am another with a similar setup - Kaleidescape Strato > Marantz AV8805 > JVC NX9.

Most people have been recommending changing the JVC HDR Level from Auto (default) to Medium or High.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Totally jealous about the NX9! I just couldn’t spend twice as much, but I really wanted that better lens! That produces fantastic images! I’m gonna do the fw update tomorrow and Lion King on Strato will be our first go!