Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Remotes, Automation, and Control Systems

Old Dec 3rd, 2018

Default M300 HDMI CEC Support?

Hi,

Does the M300 support HDMI CEC so I can use one remote to control everything and have the TV turn on with the player, etc?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old Dec 5th, 2018
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Hi Ryan,

No, we don't support CEC. In the custom installation environment, the players are used frequently with distribution systems or through audio/video processors where CEC wouldn't apply. Typically, people use a control system of some kind.
Old Jan 16th, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKobb View Post
Hi Ryan,

No, we don't support CEC. In the custom installation environment, the players are used frequently with distribution systems or through audio/video processors where CEC wouldn't apply. Typically, people use a control system of some kind.
Yeah, but with CEC, picking a movie on Kaleidescape's own iPad or iPhone app could turn things on, pick the right input, and start playing it. I think it'd be pretty hard to accomplish that with most control systems, but I could be wrong. CEC would make it easy, and I agree it's a shame it's not there even as an option.

Old Mar 2nd, 2019

I think it should be an option. If it was available on a system like the Strato, then the new IOS app for example, would allow volume control (via HDMI),without special custom control integration. Should be an option which could be turned off for customers not requiring. SJ
Old Mar 11th, 2019

A +1 from me for this. Literally just been looking for this. Not really for me but for the others in the house who seemingly struggle to remember (understand?) how to use everything
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I joined this forum to do research, as I am very interested in purchasing some Kaleidescape gear. I've gotta say I'm surprised to learn that Kaleidescape doesn't offer CEC as an option for those who'd appreciate it. It was recently added to my existing TiVo hardware (yes, all via software update) and it's been a game-changer.

So, yes, please! CEC support for Kaleidescape players would be great. I've seen so many examples in installations where CEC support on other AV gear made remote control easier... in many cases allowing us to bypass any need for a control system or universal remote in the first place. Especially for less advanced users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
Yeah, but with CEC, picking a movie on Kaleidescape's own iPad or iPhone app could turn things on, pick the right input, and start playing it. I think it'd be pretty hard to accomplish that with most control systems, but I could be wrong. CEC would make it easy, and I agree it's a shame it's not there even as an option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post
If it was available on a system like the Strato, then the new IOS app for example, would allow volume control (via HDMI),without special custom control integration. Should be an option which could be turned off for customers not requiring.

Yes, this, 1000x this.