Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Kaleidescape Store

Old Apr 20th, 2017

They seem to be a bit random, but playing the 1080P bluray Star Trek Beyond with the Atmos soundtrack from an Alto from a DV700 pretty much gives me at least one dropout during the first two or three chapters. Have also had dropouts from my Strato. My pure guess is that it only happens when the movie is not stored on the local device and it is streaming from another Encore component. In the case of the Alto, I can remove the movie from the DV700 and insert it directly into the Alto, it seems to work fine. Just like when I play it from my Oppo. Just guessing, but only happens with Atmos and not DTS 5.1 tracks. I've also played several Atmos soundtracks that have no dropouts, but my thinking is they might be local to the component I'm playing from. There is no way to tell where the movie is stored in my system to validate this. SJ
Old Apr 24th, 2017
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Interesting data points, thank you.

So, applicable to anybody who has a drop like this: if you would please mark it with those repeated button presses as I described above, and then send me a quick PM here on the forum with your player serial # and the date/time (with timezone, please!) of the event, I'll make sure that the A/V team has that info to investigate.
Old Apr 25th, 2017

Watched Underworld Blood Wars (HDR) in Dolby Atmos, not a single drop. Will continue to monitor and mark the spots when they happen.
Old May 2nd, 2017

Not to beat the dead horse, but watched Jupiter Assending (HDR) and not a single dropout with the Dolby Atmos soundtrack. I'm still guessing that it is movies being served from other components across my system or something strange going on with certain titles. Also, don't believe I have ever had a dropout from a 4K title (with Dolby Atmos) which are stored across my two Stratos. 1080p versions are primarily on my Altos and DV700. La la land (which started this thread) is a 1080P movie... SJ
Old Jun 3rd, 2017

This happened while watching Star Trek into Darkness (playing from an Alto/DV700). Sorry, but forgot to find the remote as my control system doesn't have the numbers at the moment. However, this title is Dolby TrueHD and not Atmos. With that said, Dolby TrueHD is the base foundation that is used to deliver Atmos, so likely the same issue. Never happens with DTS for some reason. SJ
Old Jun 3rd, 2017
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the report.

If your control system has the arrow keys, you could just hit something like the right arrow five times. You might see a "not supported by movie" message in the corner when you do, which just means that the the media playback engine isn't in a place (like a menu) where navigation commands work.