Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General News & Misc. Items

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
morrisonmorgan morrisonmorgan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12
Default Latest KoS Version & Changelog?

My 3U Premiere Servers received an update a day or two ago.

"Your system upgraded to kOS 8.3.0-18666 on June 15."

Does anybody have a changelog or know what this update addressed??
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
SJHT SJHT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisonmorgan View Post
My 3U Premiere Servers received an update a day or two ago.

"Your system upgraded to kOS 8.3.0-18666 on June 15."

Does anybody have a changelog or know what this update addressed??
This might help.....

http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=3137
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
JohnJ JohnJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post
Thatís actually the update that is rolling out on the Strato. My 3U system updated to 8.3.0-18666 a few days ago and I have not noticed any change in functionality. I may have missed something, however.

John
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
telem's Avatar
telem telem is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
Thatís actually the update that is rolling out on the Strato. My 3U system updated to 8.3.0-18666 a few days ago and I have not noticed any change in functionality. I may have missed something, however.

John
My 3U updated on the 15th.
Noticed a new? option for my vaults "Eject discs not required for playback" and that the download speed is no longer limited to 100Mbps.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
JohnJ JohnJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by telem View Post
My 3U updated on the 15th.
Noticed a new? option for my vaults "Eject discs not required for playback" and that the download speed is no longer limited to 100Mbps.
I had these on the previous version.

John
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
MikeKobb MikeKobb is offline
Kaleidescape, Inc.
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 604
Default

8.3 is a performance and stability release, focused on Co-Star improvements and improvements to audio and video playback robustness.

We also introduced a change to the behavior of playback of multi-angle content. The angle messages are suppressed unless you explicitly turn them on in the playback options window. This makes the experience on content like the Star Trek Blu-ray discs much better.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
changelog, kos, premiere, software, update

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ?2006 - KscapeOwners.com.
THIS SITE IS NOT OWNED BY, OPERATED BY, OR AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY WITH KALEIDESCAPE INC.
"Kaleidescape" is a trademark of Kaleidescape, Inc.; it is registered in some jurisdictions.