Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Kaleidescape Hardware & Setup

Old Jan 22nd, 2018

Default How to disconnect link from my Alto to the K-Store

I am in the process of deleting all of the movies I had on my Alto in preparation for shipping to the new owner. But how do I disconnect this unit from the K-Store so the new owner can't reload the movies I deleted or purchase new ones on my credit card?
Old Jan 22nd, 2018

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you will go to your K's IP using your web browser. Typically 192.168.1.[insert ip here]/components. From there you'll have the option to "Remove from system" any individual component. I'm not sure, but perhaps a factory reset can be accomplished as well?
Old Jan 22nd, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy123 View Post
I am in the process of deleting all of the movies I had on my Alto in preparation for shipping to the new owner. But how do I disconnect this unit from the K-Store so the new owner can't reload the movies I deleted or purchase new ones on my credit card?
It's in the GUI settings:

1. Press the Menu button on the Kaleidescape Remote, or press Menu on the Remote Control page of the Kaleidescape iPad App, or press the Kaleidescape logo in the top left corner of a touch panel using a Kaleidescape control template.

2. Use the arrow keys to highlight System, then select Settings. The Settings page appears.

3. Move down the screen and highlight Activation.

4. Select Deactivate player and then confirm by selecting Deactivate.

5. After the player is deactivated, the Reset Settings and Erase All Content option appears. Select this if you are selling the player and the new owner does not own the content.

NOTE: If all content is erased, the content no longer appears in the on-screen user interface in a matter of moments, but depending on the amount of content, it may take several hours for the space to become available.
Old Jan 22nd, 2018

Thanks but I must have a different iPad app because the options you listed are different on my version.

I have wandered around various pages and deactivated the system and am manually deleting all of my listed movies (those that still show as BluRay even though I removed them from my Vault). I already deleted the BR equivalent that I had downloaded from the Store.
Old Jan 22nd, 2018

Just go to system settings activation then reset. Erasing movies individually is ridiculous and a huge waste of time.
Old Jan 23rd, 2018

do you have to delete the movies? I thought once you deactivate, the movies cannot be played until activated. Even after activation, only the movies linked to the account that activated it or to the activated account's linked UV account is playable. Others cannot be played.

This might be a better option when selling units because the other user need not download the movies again. Is this not the case?