Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Feature & Enhancement Requests

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Set Movie Poster Menu to user selected output

The current Poster Menu outputs in 4K 60P, which causes sync issues with most projectors, certainly the Sony 5000. It would be great if the user could select the default output for this, say 4K 23.976 so that sync issues aren't incurred.
Old 1 Week Ago

This just came up in another thread i believe, and they said they tried and it just doesn't look right with all the animation they do.
Old 1 Week Ago

When I am watching Scripts that have varying frame rates, I convert everything to 60Hz in order to minimize re-syncing of HDMI between scenes. It always looks quite good with my Sony 5000.

John
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin D View Post
This just came up in another thread i believe, and they said they tried and it just doesn't look right with all the animation they do.
I am not sure what they mean by animation in the poster wall? In any event what's the harm in giving the end-user a choice?

Of course there are workarounds with the Lumagen but the best fix would be a user option to output the wall in 4K 23.976 same as most content that will be played from Kscape Strato.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon View Post
I am not sure what they mean by animation in the poster wall? In any event what's the harm in giving the end-user a choice?

Of course there are workarounds with the Lumagen but the best fix would be a user option to output the wall in 4K 23.976 same as most content that will be played from Kscape Strato.
If you own an Apple TV 4K, you can set the GUI video output to 4K 24. Scroll around on the home screen apps and you will see the uneven scrolling. A similar result will happen with Kscape Cover art when scrolling or shuffling the art at 24fps. It doesn’t look great. As recommended by Kscape, set to 60fps for all content with no switching to 24fps for smoother transitions from movie to GUI.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutter View Post
If you own an Apple TV 4K, you can set the GUI video output to 4K 24. Scroll around on the home screen apps and you will see the uneven scrolling. A similar result will happen with Kscape Cover art when scrolling or shuffling the art at 24fps. It doesn’t look great. As recommended by Kscape, set to 60fps for all content with no switching to 24fps for smoother transitions from movie to GUI.
K,

Now I understand, but I'd rather have uneven scrolling/shuffling then sync issues. Playing all content at 60P is not going to work for me, no way.

I am just asking for the option with the caveat, understanding the limitation of 24P and animation in the menu.
Old 1 Week Ago

You may find this of interest.

Here is an old post where Mike Kobb from Kaleidescape comments on this issue.

http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/s...ht=24fps+60fps