Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Scripting & Favorite Scenes

Old Oct 2nd, 2009

Default Managing Scripts on a Mac

Have any Mac users experienced the following?.....

When I try to click and drag and drop to move favorite scenes within a script, I will have a case where visually I am clicking, say, the 10th scene down and that is where the mouse pointer is, but the 5th scene will be highlighted and moved around (if that makes sense). I get the same problem within the Music section and movie section, but the problem seems to occur most often in the Scripts section...oh and by the way, It doesn't happen all the time.

I have an iMac and a Macbook and have the problem on both, so it doesn't appear to be a machine related issue. Maybe a Safari issue and how it interacts with Java?

thoughts from the Computer Tech Savvy/Mac Savvy crowd?
Old Oct 2nd, 2009

I just tested that on my wife's Mac and it worked fine. I was unable to duplicate what you are seeing. Considering it comes and goes, I'll try again later. Not sure what would cause that issue.

Jim
Old Oct 2nd, 2009

Thanks Jim

It has happened off and on for about a month now. I brought it up to K and they never heard of it happening.

I have the most recent Safari, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Also, like I said, it is most prevalent in the script section, possibly because I have to select something from a drop-down to pull up a script and maybe that is driving it? who knows?

I posted the problem after it happened again. But After I posted, I went into My Kaleidescape and it was fine!

quite odd
Old Oct 2nd, 2009

I have issues with Safari and the K user website. For K I use Firefox and it works great.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/firefox.html
Old Oct 2nd, 2009

Great - Thanks Jerry! I'll check it out.
Old Oct 2nd, 2009

So far, so good Jerry - Thanks for the tip!!!
Old Oct 3rd, 2009

Glad to be of help. It was driving me crazy and then it dawned on me that perhaps there was something with Safari- for one reason or another Firefox seems to be a drop better in terms of being more compatible with websites. On Snow Leopard though, Safari is 64 bit and it moves noticeably faster.
Old Oct 4th, 2009

Hi Mars
I also use a Mac, and have been using Safari as a browser.
I was interested in reading your post as I ran into a similar issue a year or more ago. It was most noticeable when in the Music module, browsing albums, playlists, etc. I called Kaleidescape, and with the next version of their browser, the problem was resolved. It's been a while, but it may have also been fixed with one of the Mac software updates - I'm not certain. I'm currently running Leopard (not Snow Leopard) with all of the recent Mac and Safari updates.
Old Oct 5th, 2009

Dave, I also had the problem in Music mode as you mention. It was more noticeable in the scripts section, just because I was trying to drag and drop steps of a script to change the order.

As mentioned, K didn't have an answer, so I figured it was most likely an inherent Safari issue and because I had the most recent version, I figured there was not much that could be done. I didn't even think of trying another browser until Jerry mentioned it.

I'll be upgrading to Snow Leopard soon, hopefully that doesn't bring on any new issues.
Old Oct 7th, 2009

SL is great. Safari in 64 bit mode flies. But I have the same problem on the music page so I just use FF and leave it at that.