Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Kaleidescape Store

Old Apr 11th, 2018

So found this out.. Movies Anywhere movie transfers work a little differently than UltraViolet or Disney Movies Anywhere did previously. Any UltraViolet and Movies Anywhere compatible titles obtained directly from Vudu will export to both linked services. Imported content from UltraViolet will also export to Movies Anywhere as long as all services remain linked and the title is Movies Anywhere compatible; however, titles importing to Vudu from Movies Anywhere will not export to UltraViolet, even if it is an UltraViolet compatible title.
Hopefully this sheds some light on how movie transfers work
Old Apr 11th, 2018

Yeah that is how they have worked from the beginning when Movies Anywhere launched, you need to purchase directly or redeem a code in vud to get ultraviolet and Movies Anywhere rights, it work for all the main studios except Disney, Fox and Universal as they have went to Movies Anywhere exclusively...
Old Apr 11th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAttHEATLifer View Post
Yeah that is how they have worked from the beginning when Movies Anywhere launched, you need to purchase directly or redeem a code in vud to get ultraviolet and Movies Anywhere rights, it work for all the main studios except Disney, Fox and Universal as they have went to Movies Anywhere exclusively...
I had an iTunes account and I bought a bunch of movies through Apple (before the Strato). When I linked my iTunes and Vudu to Movies Anywhere, my movies ported over to Vudu. Since, some of these movies were UV compatible, they ported over to my UV locker, and then into my Strato. They shut down this tranferring about mid march 2018. However, there was no public policy change, that I am aware of, nor were users notified to what changes were made.

It was a nice way to get movies at a lower price, but I knew that wouldn’t last.
Old Apr 11th, 2018

The vudu rep specifically wrote “If you redeem a title on Movies Anywhere, the title will import to Vudu, but it will not go through your UltraViolet account.” AND indicated that this is a Movies Anywhere policy. Even if the title shows the UV logo.
Old Apr 11th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o View Post
The vudu rep specifically wrote “If you redeem a title on Movies Anywhere, the title will import to Vudu, but it will not go through your UltraViolet account.” AND indicated that this is a Movies Anywhere policy. Even if the title shows the UV logo.

Yes that is correct, it would transfer to UV library for a few weeks after Movies Anywhere launched but it was actually a glitch and wasn’t suppose to then they fixed it so since about 2 weeks after Movies Anywhere launched you either have to purchase directly on vudu or redeem on vudu to get both UV and MA...
Old Apr 11th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o View Post
I had an iTunes account and I bought a bunch of movies through Apple (before the Strato). When I linked my iTunes and Vudu to Movies Anywhere, my movies ported over to Vudu. Since, some of these movies were UV compatible, they ported over to my UV locker, and then into my Strato. They shut down this tranferring about mid march 2018. However, there was no public policy change, that I am aware of, nor were users notified to what changes were made.

It was a nice way to get movies at a lower price, but I knew that wouldn’t last.
You can get many movies for cheap buy just buying the UV code... redeem at vudu and it wil port, I buy a a lot for $2 to $3 bucks also you can do Mobile disc to digital with the Vudu app and scan barcode and it will give you digital copy for $2....
Old Apr 11th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAttHEATLifer View Post
You can get many movies for cheap buy just buying the UV code... redeem at vudu and it wil port, I buy a a lot for $2 to $3 bucks also you can do Mobile disc to digital with the Vudu app and scan barcode and it will give you digital copy for $2....
That’s what I do now. Then in the K store I opt for the UHD digital offer. $17 ($2+$15) for UHD vs $36 from you know who.