Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Kaleidescape Store

Old Apr 15th, 2018

Me too.

yeah but when the dv-700 goes to the strato alto combo, it totally kills the panasonic and oppo sound. try an emerson lake and palmer dvd-audio with the moog going around.

This guy is a subordinate of Larry Page and is a HT and old quad audio nut. We a/b/c'd the oppo panasonic and dv700 through the strato alto. In the ati dynaudio bubble rig.

https://youtu.be/b3k0m5sM6lQ
Old Apr 20th, 2018

Correction a subordinate of Larry Ellison.

Meanwhile there is a lot more dolby cinema Disney titles coming.

Dolby and Disney have announced an extension of their theatrical collaboration. As part of the deal, Disney has revealed an updated list of 20 recent/upcoming titles slated to be presented in Dolby Cinema with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos at select AMC theaters throughout the US.

"Dolby and Disney share a rich history and mutual desire to bring the most spectacular cinematic experiences to audiences across the globe," said Doug Darrow, Senior Vice President, Cinema Business Group, Dolby Laboratories. "With the expanded partnership, fans will experience many anticipated movies, including two upcoming Star Wars titles and two titles in the Avengers franchise, in both cutting-edge imaging and state-of-the-art sound."

https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...a-titles/41414
Old Apr 23rd, 2018

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post56072818

expect more atmos titles to be channelised down to 7.1.4, bad news.
Old Apr 23rd, 2018

So what is the deal? What limitation or decision is influencing this?

Most residential stuff is “mono” or a soundbar, many of us here have 5.1 and a few more have full Atmos/DTSX. I don’t know anyone with the Trinnov Altitude besides you, Peter.

What I suggesting is that: could this be a mass market issue and it is affecting the high end?
Old Apr 23rd, 2018

I agree with you Bill. I think that's a good point.

You're gonna laugh or cry but after years of being a proponent of lots of speakers and surround I find I am happiest with a nice 2 or 3 channel setup. Preferably full range but with a good sub it works too. Maybe its my hearing isn't what it used to be.
Old Apr 23rd, 2018

That is exactly right, why i have been saying that dts neural x sounds better. but neural-x is only 11 channels so looks like i am going to have to commission the mother of all renderers to do 48 channels egocentric rendered dome upmixing, custom.
Old Apr 23rd, 2018

Default DTS Neural X 26.2 comes to atmos rescue....

Old Apr 24th, 2018

@CINERAMAX IOPH - are you able to test this theory with Thor Ragnarock and/or Wonder Woman with the Trinnov - to see whether this restriction exists in the Kaleidescape offerings - or whether it's a 'disc' thing?
Old Apr 24th, 2018

Hi, I do not have a trinnov yet as I await the above expansion of the codec from 11 to 16 channels on the Alt16. However I have a 5 plus wides. 6 Marantz setup for now with a vu meter on the width channels and i immediately tested.

As shown here.

The width channels did lit up with the music score and minor jumps in pans, but thusfar all Disney Titles seem to be coded with this 7.1.4 flag to hard channels, at this point it is more difficult to get a superior atmos rendition, invariably these type of codings will benefit greatly from high order counts neural-x.

In addition Warner went from REFERENCE ATMOS DEMO, the chase from the nuclear warhead in Man From Uncle incredible atmos mix( live die repeat, batman v sup, blade runners 1,2,tarzan) to ATMOS LIGHT: WW,Justice league, Kong and King Arthur from the same director of Man From Uncle. So a downtrend in Warner, disney has been consistently unremarkable- way better rendered in Neural X the whole lot from Disney.

Sony Studios and I will reach out to Brian Vesa to congratulate him on the remarkable objects rich separation of all re-issues since Smurfs but with occasional great titles earlier in goosebumps, Elysium, Passengers , life, after those early successes, its been getting better and better at Sony, I look forward to Fury and the Patriot being reference too, sony is way ahead of the pack since warner brothers early exemplary work Man From Uncle Tarzan, even Live Die Repeat is not Atmos Light.

I BLAME THIS SOCIALIZATION race to the minimum common denominator squarely on APPLE which we should all boycott just for this affront to the high end.

May sony and other occasional warner titles continue with the ATMOS Premium tradition. Walt disney is married to dolby.

I look forward to the upcoming inevitable day where the DTS/Dolby situation inverses, perhaps fueled by my very hard fought release of the neural-x codec from 11 to 29.2, as that will be the ultimate way to enjoy disney HDR in the future.

Remember who charged first for this codec restriction liberation. I may have saved the future of the high end. Maybe by CEDIA. Looking good. Trinnov is surprised no doubt.
Old Apr 24th, 2018

Sorry thought I had read earlier that you had

Ah crap - so we're getting the same. There is something rotten afoot with this.

Not sure Neural X is going to be the saviour either, if other reports are to be believed - that Dolby are locking down their codecs to only work with DSU. This is getting very messy.