Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Kaleidescape Store

Old Feb 28th, 2018

Default Disney/Pixar and 4K

So now that Disney and its associated studios (Pixar, Marvel, etc.) have FINALLY gotten with the 4K program when it comes to Blu-Ray, any idea if that recent turn of events will eventually carry over into the K store?

I REALLY want to get Coco directly through K, but it's only available in standard HD. Same for a handful of other movies.
Old Mar 23rd, 2018

Added Disney 4K the 23rd
Old Apr 6th, 2018

Hey K any chance you could release some of these the next week? There is tax day and cinemacon coming. id like to get that part of my expenditures done.
Old Apr 15th, 2018

Get Coco now!
Old Apr 15th, 2018

already did, interesting in atmos versus neural-x on truehd, liking neural-X. More natural bubble (more womb like fluidity)less stressful on individual speakers, spreads the love around better among speakers, reducing fatigue. My 2 cents.
Old Apr 15th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX IOPH View Post
already did, interesting in atmos versus neural-x on truehd, liking neural-X. More natural bubble (more womb like fluidity)less stressful on individual speakers, spreads the love around better among speakers, reducing fatigue. My 2 cents.
Great feedback. I will give it a go when the download is complete.
Old Apr 15th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX IOPH View Post
You're liking the on the fly DTS immersive upmixer over the native, studio-mixed Atmos soundtrack? Interesting.

I do find the upmixers do a great job. Although I tend to keep my preamp set to use Dolby Surround into Atmos from lower sources vs. Neural-X. I'm weighing my investment into K very heavily this weekend and this comment I find really intriguing given one my logistical holdups at the moment to commit.
Old Apr 15th, 2018

My system has dynaudio speakers going down to 32 but port plugged at 40.

The Clocking on the strato is way superior to any and all of the current uhd players, by comparison they sound thin, specially in the surrounds where you literally get whacked from them at 40-80. It is the most awesome, by the way is the way our brain has been wired for so easy to appreciate, yet a guy named tom holman THX said in 1989 that bass was not directional below 100hz, maybe with old analog equipment certainly not with the strato, consequently if you do not own a strato you are castrating what your brain needs to hear and it gets pumped into one boom boom booom channel that you brain has a defensive mechanism for, atmos can be beetr than 5.1 played in neural-x lets say half of the time, buta an atmos movie played in truehd, im nearly certain will sound like the organic bubble our dna wants. Strato is THE ONLY SOURCE IN THE UNIVERSE to achieve this ultimate soundfield, my next project will play both 32 chANNEL ATMOS BUT WILL BE THE FIRST TO LICENSE 5 LAYER NEURAL-X NOT WITH 11 CHANNELS but 30.2, it is designed to play primarily 90% of the time Kelidescape scripts, like the one i shared with you, i have been curating quad and surround demos for 40 years, and that script is 3 years in the making, and the scenes are the best i can find, in addition on a per scene basis the audi bubble gets sculpted via selective presets, the same goes for the samsung the wall, its like I am there tweaking my clients system every time. When the hurricane came i took my 16 channel system to a friends house, the strato i took with me, and the hurricane chased me around the state. No highest endorsement. Of course my client can watch movies and concerts with his family and friends but when new company comes, he has given me his commitment to provide his guests with the maximum possible display of hospitality known to man. This is the first system designed to take the kaleidescape experience to the ultimate art form of the future.

No vudu or appletv allowed in this room.
Old Apr 15th, 2018

Simply and i do not know if it is by design or omission, what makes the strto image and sound so far above anything built to date and yet to be built in the next 10 years, is very simple.

It has no video or bass management processing circuitries, even the dv700 through the network is a better dvd-audio player or 5.1 bluray audio only player because it has no degrading circuitry in it's path untouching the clock. More solid images, more musical, better rendition of the weakest link tracks (the surrounds), It's these generally perceived limitations that makes the Kaleidescape the only component to have. Weather on a marantz or a trinnov multi channel audio will always be better, I have never done stereo at home, my mother was a virtuoso and i grew up on a house replete with musical instruments, yes even a moog. As I played with my friends at home that coinciced with the introduction of quadraphonics, i have now for 45 years on this immersive quest. YOU ARE COMPLETELY SOL without the strato for Atmos and Neural-X and the dv-7-- for multichannel audio.
Old Apr 15th, 2018

I think I read something somewhere that pulling data off a hard drive has less jitter than reading it off an optical disc, so that could be another factor (if I remember correctly)??