Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Kaleidescape Store

Old Dec 1st, 2017

Default Kingsman II HDR beat Vudu, Fandango and UHD DISC to Market...

Well done Kaleidescape....
Old Dec 2nd, 2017

............... pity it didn't have an Atmos track though
Old Dec 2nd, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX IOPH View Post
Well done Kaleidescape....
Yep, I love that this was available last Tuesday - a full two weeks ahead of the disc release.

John
Old Dec 2nd, 2017

Default For Movies Mastered in an Atmos RMU for cinema NEURAL-X does a pretty decent tops reconstitution..

Ive said this before to console Non Atmos lamentations. As long as the film was mixed in Atmos Originally, NEURAL X is your friend. Many such movies sound as if they were indeed an atmos track simply because they were released in Atmos at the Theaters.

I discovered this back in 2013 with Ironman 3, many disney movies sound atmos like via neural-x.

I was not able to listen to Kingsman full blown yesterday, but i will give it another spin today in NEURAL-X (here at the Holiday Inn Express Holiday Lab )and report.

Old Dec 2nd, 2017

Sorry mate neither Neural-X nor DSU are my friend - not interested in pseudo sound (tried it and wasn't keen on it's implementation) too many sounds appearing from where they shouldn't - particularly overhead.
Old Dec 2nd, 2017

Quote:
Ive said this before to console Non Atmos lamentations. As long as the film was mixed in Atmos Originally, NEURAL X is your friend. Many such movies sound as if they were indeed an atmos track simply because they were released in Atmos at the Theaters.

I discovered this back in 2013 with Ironman 3, many disney movies sound atmos like via neural-x.

I was not able to listen to Kingsman full blown yesterday, but i will give it another spin today in NEURAL-X (here at the Holiday Inn Express Holiday Lab )and report.
We sure miss you over at AVSFORUM! You will probably beat me up for my lack of knowledge, but for that small of space, can you actually hear any dialog and/or separation in your lab setup. Reflections must be crazy. Looks like you are decorated for the holidays!
SJ
Old Dec 2nd, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post
We sure miss you over at AVSFORUM! You will probably beat me up for my lack of knowledge, but for that small of space, can you actually hear any dialog and/or separation in your lab setup. Reflections must be crazy. Looks like you are decorated for the holidays!
SJ
This was never intended to be one of the greatest systems on the planet, but any and everyone experiencing it says it is the most amazing system they have ever heard, particularly the bed channel. Im not bragging, my best discoveries happen to be by accident, case in point i will never ever do another system that does not have column speakers on the bed channel and is musical first and foremost, i have done the most comprehensive procurement of sacd and dvd-audio and blu ray surround i could put all my effort, it is not an easy process as you are scouring the internet for used discs.

I just wanted to see what would be possible in a really small room...

I HAVE BEEN REWARDED.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/932773808058064897

Now the tops is a work in progress but I have been able to move those poles where the envelopment goes around my head, there is no sub yet the bass rather than being a single overpowering element. Justs whacks you from every angle, DIRECTIONAL BASS. Once you hear that...

These are all crazy ass implementations that i intend to show the press at CEDIA 18 in a penthouse across the street atop the OMNI Hotel, my latest client. Watch me steal the award without even being in the Convention building.

What you will get in this system and IN NO OTHER IMMERSIVE SYSTEM ANYWHERE [I have won four best in show awards at CEDIA and One in Stereophile] Not bragging just being the messenger: Close proximity Atmos envelopment around your head, and NOT around the walls of the room like everyone elses. And through the torso multidirectional directional bass.

Old Dec 2nd, 2017

Talking Don't shoot the messenger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post
Sorry mate neither Neural-X nor DSU are my friend - not interested in pseudo sound (tried it and wasn't keen on it's implementation) too many sounds appearing from where they shouldn't - particularly overhead.

Let me help you out a bit, if you have time to move your chair and reset you processor.

Assuming 4 tops, place you seat in between the 2 rear atmos tops, but more importantly also where the front 2 tops are at 60 degrees, if you have to push the seat forward do it, the 60 degree is what is crucial, the sides rear atmos can be at 90 or 100 does not matter that much. set the forward ones at the middle atmos setting and the backs as the rearmost.

Run the time delay setting of the speakers, if the speakers are 10 feet away from you, add virtually 8 feet to the distance, do that for all the tops.

This brings the ordinance directly on top of you, i swear you will hear sounds caressing your ears. That has been proven here.

Try that on the destrying the alien craft last K scene on Prometheus in Neural X. TELL ME IT DOES NOT SOUND like ATMOS. Yes upmixers are a hit and a miss but 60% of Kdownloads in dts ma of those originally shown in atmos are quite good.

four reference atmos tracks to try with the enhanced envelopment mode i just suggested:

GOOSEPUMPS : After the Gnome scene : THE INVISIBLE BOY
SMURFS : a little before saving granpa smurf.
man from uncle :chase for the nuclear warhead
tarzan : a bit before catching a train, ostrich scene, gator ending.

When you are given lemons, you try make lemonade, what I am talking about achieving is the finest reposado Margaritas.

Adam Pelz a very succesful and well regarded calibrator had been trashing some of these ideas that i had been thinking about experimenting with.

Then he heard Taker which is the one that first pointed that the room has something very special.

Taker said this.
https://youtu.be/MXxlY4FbTLs

Adam Said this.

https://youtu.be/yl4dLb4wBKI

More importantly big cleints have heard it and bought in better engineered systems based on the same exact pricnciple...

No Columns, no robust atmos tops in tightly spacing exclusion zone, NOT AN IMMERSIVE BUBBLE. Sorry just the messeneger.
Old Dec 2nd, 2017

Now those 15 dollar vertical blinds fix 80 percent of the acoutical problems, but having so much stuff in the room breaking the sound is wonderful, the problem when i listen to the tops, is not the room problem is the whole delivery and signal mixing and the way we hear.

People use skycraper foam diffeussers in ceilings what a freaking waste it actual works against the already undefined diffused sound from the tops, which is mixed for atmos enabled 4 inch speakers, so we are dsigning the moab of atmos tops to reconstitute the siganl, how? the same way we did the last time in history we heard that signal bandwidth limitation and compression, back in the seventies with quad lps and 8 tracks, that is how the isolated atmos tops mixes sound today. So we do the exact same thing in the quested dsp amp.

SUBHARMONICS SYNTHESIS and 3 band expansion. I once met the founder of DBX and i kissed his hand for those two inventions.

So I want to contain the overhead sound in a wood grille metal skeleton canopy replete with the correct acoustical treatments not to add diffusion BUT TO ACCENTUATE directionality and channel separation overhead. STAY TUNED TO TWiTER as i am not leaving a stone unturned in this regard.

The concensus is that diffusion shoud be made with the materials musical instruments are made of, maple acorn. That is not what I am looking for, I want the heardest wood or MDF.

As you can see i am dispensing with so much generally accepted practice one has to conclude that I am a nut. Fine lets see next cedia who is right. Remeber GALILEO, getting kicked out of the forum is what happened to Galileo, or perhaps not, as it gives me the necessary time and secrecy to create my dream system. Cheers...
Old Apr 8th, 2018

Quote:
Let me help you out a bit, if you have time to move your chair and reset you processor.

Assuming 4 tops, place you seat in between the 2 rear atmos tops, but more importantly also where the front 2 tops are at 60 degrees, if you have to push the seat forward do it, the 60 degree is what is crucial, the sides rear atmos can be at 90 or 100 does not matter that much. set the forward ones at the middle atmos setting and the backs as the rearmost.

Run the time delay setting of the speakers, if the speakers are 10 feet away from you, add virtually 8 feet to the distance, do that for all the tops.

This brings the ordinance directly on top of you, i swear you will hear sounds caressing your ears. That has been proven here.

Try that on the destrying the alien craft last K scene on Prometheus in Neural X. TELL ME IT DOES NOT SOUND like ATMOS. Yes upmixers are a hit and a miss but 60% of Kdownloads in dts ma of those originally shown in atmos are quite good.

four reference atmos tracks to try with the enhanced envelopment mode i just suggested:

GOOSEPUMPS : After the Gnome scene : THE INVISIBLE BOY
SMURFS : a little before saving granpa smurf.
man from uncle :chase for the nuclear warhead
tarzan : a bit before catching a train, ostrich scene, gator ending.

When you are given lemons, you try make lemonade, what I am talking about achieving is the finest reposado Margaritas.

Adam Pelz a very succesful and well regarded calibrator had been trashing some of these ideas that i had been thinking about experimenting with.

Then he heard Taker which is the one that first pointed that the room has something very special.

Taker said this.
https://youtu.be/MXxlY4FbTLs

Adam Said this.

https://youtu.be/yl4dLb4wBKI

More importantly big cleints have heard it and bought in better engineered systems based on the same exact pricnciple...

No Columns, no robust atmos tops in tightly spacing exclusion zone, NOT AN IMMERSIVE BUBBLE. Sorry just the messeneger.
OK - hadn't had a great deal of time to experiment with the principle Peter - but happened to stumble into a seating position, which might well have mirrored some of what you describe. And it's fair to say that I was a little impressed with the principle of your argument.

I have a 'fixed' seating arrangement and had some friends over last night for a viewing of that excellent musical "The Greatest Showman" - which has a superb driving audio track. I had to relinquish my prime seating position for one behind where I normally sit and closer to the 'rear and rear Atmos' speaker' placement. Though I didn't make any adjustment to the delay settings on the 'middle Atmos' - there was evidence of a more 'immersive bubble' - just by moving the seating position.

Certainly food for thought and although there is little I can do with the seating position given the configuration of my lounge - I'll certainly be experimenting with the delay settings, to see how I can achieve a similar 'virtual bubble' to what you suggest.