Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Scripting & Favorite Scenes

Old Dec 31st, 2006

Default REGWOOD's Scenes File

Here are a few additional favorites that I've collected. When you import, most will probably be starred because I've grabbed many from this forum. You'll see some appended with (Bass) at the end. I chose these just to demo my bass setup. Enjoy!

ADMIN NOTE-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Favorite Scene files have been removed from this area and are all now centralized in the forum's "Downloads area.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by josh; Nov 22nd, 2010 at 02:47 AM.
Old Dec 31st, 2006

GREAT file Regwood! How big is your collection? I had tons of new markers in here that matched for me, so you either have a massive collection or just a similar one to me. Fantastic LOTR, Braveheart and I Robot markers, which I've been wanting. And yet more Star Wars marks... cool.

I'm now starting to see a real limitation of the import/sharing process in the software... as we all have our little renaming schemes, like Jeff's numbers to put the scenes in order and Reg's "Bass" markers, it's very easy to end up with multiple marks for the same scenes. And constant re-importing of eachother's collections makes it worse... "Didn't I already have that marker? Oh yes, i renamed it, but I have it."

I wish the system had a better interface for importing/comparing to what you already have - like timemarks and chapters. Or at least showed you your own list of markers for a movie next to the ones you're about to import. But, that's a minor quibble.

I'll try to post my new master list of markers as soon as I clean them up a bit more.

--josh

Old Dec 31st, 2006

I have about 1200 movies. The collection is all over the place. I have five distinct users of the system (wife, 3 kids and myself).

Happy New Year!
Old Jan 1st, 2007

Wow- Reg- thats quite a collection- thank you!

btw- I put the sw numbers only because I was thinking of scripting my own "sw action" scripts so I could skip the dialogue since that is really pointless! lol
Josh- you make a good point- I/ we/ now have several repeat scenes. Maybe we should decide on a protocol and just stick with it?

Happy New Year all!
Old Jan 1st, 2007

It's going to be hard to find a scheme we all like and agree on... I'm sure we all use the system differently.

Personally, I use short, unquoted names/phrases UNLESS it's the name of a song, then I use quotes around the name of the song. I usually don't put numbers in front of the markers, though I violated this for one movie - "High School Musical" where my daughter wanted to see the markers in the order of the songs in the movie, so I put numbers in front. But there are other movies that have tempted me to do this... as it's sometimes nice to see the markers in the order they appear in the movie. I like the way you did this for Star Wars, so it's a tough call.

I've renamed some I've gotten here from you or Jeff or Reg, because some scene markers used words like "rape" or "molested"... and while I use my parental control feature, I sometimes disable PCs and browse through favorite scenes with kids in the room and I personally don't like stumbling across markers that use racy or adult language in front of the kids. So I change "Morning after the rape" to just "Morning After"... things like that.

I don't want to impose my own conventions or preferences on others, so I think we just have to deal with this until Kaleidescape comes up with a better import/matching interface.

--josh

Old Jan 1st, 2007

I agree- I would suggest to Kscape that they allow the favorites per title to be displayed in chronological order. This would save anyone from using any numbers.
Old Sep 19th, 2007

Hey Josh,
I'm not sure my latest fav scenes represents any new clips. It's been a while since I've created any. I've posted my file here.

Best,

ADMIN NOTE-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Favorite Scene files have been removed from this area and are all now centralized in the forum's "Downloads area.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by josh; Nov 22nd, 2010 at 02:48 AM.
Old Sep 19th, 2007

GREAT - thanks Regwood. When I get some time one of these days, I want to reorganize this section of the board... so it's easy to find each of our latest scene files. Thanks for contributing!
--josh

Old Oct 28th, 2007

OK, finally reorged this part of the board. This is now the Regwood's scenes thread! Have an updated master FS file for us Reg?

Old Nov 26th, 2007

Well, it's been a while since I last uploaded scenes. I had a chance to do some over this Thanksgiving Holiday (in between football games, eating & the wife and kids).

I passed the 1300 movie mark a few weeks ago. Funny, it's taken me longer to get from 1200 to 1300, than it did to go from 0 to 1200. I hope to develop a workflow that will allow me a more consistent way to produce these. I find I much prefer to view my favorite movies in a non-linear way. Not only do I simply want to see just my favorite scenes, but often I watch them out of sequence. Enjoy!

Last edited by josh; Nov 22nd, 2010 at 02:48 AM.