Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > General Kaleidescape Usage Threads > Scripting & Favorite Scenes

Old Dec 21st, 2014

Question Script / Send command to control system

I'm trying to program my control system to receive a custom message from k when a played movie rises a certain event. This should look like this:

1. K-Scape sends normal PLAY_STATUS over the remote-protocol (IP or RS232)
2. when a special Position is achieved, the control system requests a script on K
3. The script gets startet. the script sends a command to control system (Special tag to clear flags and rise event)

This all works with a small restriction: When the script is started K immediately stops playing the current movie and goes back to the movieguide ....

Is this the normal behavior of sripts or is there a special syntax for custom commands to leave the current movie playing?

any help would be appreciated

Pio
Old Dec 21st, 2014

I don't things automated like you are trying to do. However, I can manually do the following:

1. Watch a movie and while watching
2. Send a "Play_Script_X" command
3. The screen goes black and then my script starts playing (no movie guide)

John
Old Dec 22nd, 2014

OK, I think that is because your scripts holds the task to play some other content ...

My script just holds "send command to control System (string)" and this seems to stop the currently played movie. But I don't understand why?

Last edited by Pio435; Dec 22nd, 2014 at 02:07 AM.
Old Dec 22nd, 2014

What exactly are you trying to program? When the Control system knows the "Special position", the Control system should launch the command. Why use a script for only a "send command to Control system"?

The use of Scripts is to show movie, songs, or scenes in a specific order. If the script is not setup to repeat, it will return to the OSD or Movie Guide at completion. The example Kscape uses is Movie Night Script. It has some trivia, short scene, Control Command Start_Popcorn and then main movie.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 22nd, 2014

... because I have to clear a string-variable in the controller and this is only possible by sending from K ...
But I just found the solution: instead of triggering a script I can directly send a custom event from K to the controller. That resets the string and affects not the K-Player ...