Kaleidescape Owners' Forum   Kaleidescape, Inc. Kaleidescape, Inc.

Go Back   Kaleidescape Owners' Forum > Hardware & Setup Threads > Other (Non-Kaleidescape) A/V Gear Discussions

Old Jul 25th, 2017

Default Wired whole home audio system

I thought I would ask this group to see if anyone has any experience with a wired whole home audio system that they would recommend. I have wired my home with cat6a and 12/4 to a control area in each room. From the control area I have 12/2 going to each speaker location two in each room and then four in the master which I would like to have it work with a tv as well as audio. I have looked at the Nuvo Grand Concerto and HTD, but haven't seen them in action. I have also heard Russound has an option but is dealer specific. SpeakerCraft has an option as well from what I understand. If anyone has some recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.

Marc
Old Jul 25th, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtasu19 View Post
I thought I would ask this group to see if anyone has any experience with a wired whole home audio system that they would recommend. I have wired my home with cat6a and 12/4 to a control area in each room. From the control area I have 12/2 going to each speaker location two in each room and then four in the master which I would like to have it work with a tv as well as audio. I have looked at the Nuvo Grand Concerto and HTD, but haven't seen them in action. I have also heard Russound has an option but is dealer specific. SpeakerCraft has an option as well from what I understand. If anyone has some recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.

Marc
I like RTI products.
Old Jul 25th, 2017

I use Sonos devices in my control area (wired - turned off the wireless) and use devices to control everything (phones, tablets, laptops). Very happy.
Old Jul 26th, 2017

I'd recommend Crestron.

Crestron has a Sonnex® Multiroom Audio System (SWAMP-24X8) that I've had installed in my home. Its a fully-scalable audio distribution system that delivers high-output audiophile sound quality to every room with reduced cabling, low power consumption, advanced DSP. The Sonnex® Multiroom Audio System takes audio distribution to a higher level, facilitating massive systems with up to 74 zones and over 30,000 Watts of power! If you want to create a new zone, merely run a single CAT5/6 from the main unit to the satelite unit then connect the sateline unit to speakers.

Check this out here: https://www.crestron.com/products/model/SWAMP-24X8

Usage example: https://www.crestron.com/downloads/a..._expanders.pdf

My whole home is completely crestron so if you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

andrej770
Old Jul 27th, 2017

I agree Crestron has a very impressive setup.
Old Jul 27th, 2017

Thanks to all the replies. I will reach out if I have any questions. I will have to do some more research.
Marc
Old 1 Week Ago

Control4 controller, matrix and power amps is also a nice setup up with many local audio sources, Pandora, napster, tune in, local media, Spotify Connect, Amazon etc.

They also have an awesome kscape driver to integrate the video into the audio.
Old 1 Week Ago

I ended up with an Elan Home System set up with 2 S1616A for up to 32 different zones. Its been great. I have a Fusion Research duet for 2 separate sources of iTunes and a sonos connect for a third source. I also have my m300 and m700 as separate sources for my kscape music choices. I've had no issues thus far and actually love the ease of use.

Marc